Can't get In Room multiplayer games to go

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
ProfezzorX

Can't get In Room multiplayer games to go

Postby ProfezzorX » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:45 pm

We're both on iPads (a first gen and Air). We're on the same network and we find each other. A screen shows My iPad vs Her iPad. But, we can't figure out how to get a game started. Three finger touch launches the menu, but nothing gets the actual game to go beyond the vs screen. Thanks in advance!

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Can't get In Room multiplayer games to go

Postby eddybox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:24 am

Hi, ProfezzorX. Sorry about the delayed reply, and happy new year!

Strange, we haven't heard of that problem happening in a released build before. Could you take screenshot (press the home and power buttons at the same time to capture a shot to your photo roll) of the screen where you get stuck and send the photo over please? (It could be stuck in one of two places.)

Also, do you or a friend have another (3rd) iPad you can try it on? If so, it'd be interesting to know if it's the first-gen or the Air that's having trouble connecting to the others.

One last thing that may be affecting things: do either devices have bluetooth enabled? If so, try disabling bluetooth on both for a test and see if you can connect like that.

Thanks!
Eddy

Chripa

Postby Chripa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 am

Hi Eddy,

is there any solution around now. I have exactly the same problem. We tried already bluetooth on and off, but same procedure.
The other iPad is found, the skills and names of both players are shown but the game itself isn't startet. I would really appreciate
a bug fix for that because I would like to play Osmos with my son.

Thank you and best regards

Chripa

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Chirpa,

So it's happening to you too. Hmmm... Could you send us an email from the the two devices experiencing the connection problem, please? Specifically, go into Osmos Settings (upper left gear button in Osmos) -> Data -> Email Support. This will pop up an email window with a few attachments, including the Osmos log and settings files, which will get sent to us. Just add a few words to those emails letting us know they're from you, please. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”