Precision(4/5) Sabotage...

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
cmendoza

Precision(4/5) Sabotage...

Postby cmendoza » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 pm

First, love the game... Great work!
Now to the reason for the post... Help!
Not looking for the solution, simply some idea of the objective.
That is, since nothing exists for me to absorb, not quite sure what to do...
I've tried altering my orbit... Both in and out trying to force something to happen, but getting no where.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Carlos

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Precision(4/5) Sabotage...

Postby eddybox » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Subtle hint: there's a way to get bigger than the other mote orbiting the Attractor.

Ask again if you want another clue. ;-)

Cheers,
Eddy

cmendoza

Postby cmendoza » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:08 am

Thanks... we'll see if that's too subtle!
BTW please don't listen to all the folks complaining that the game is too difficult...

Again, great job!

Carlos

cmendoza

Postby cmendoza » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 am

Decided to keep going down the path I had started and it finally worked... figured if I could make the other Mote orbiting the attractor bigger, it would get absorbed and I'd "win"

Well, it finally worked!
Basically kept adjusting my orbit so that it would just touch me... kept doing that until it was large enough that it touched the attractor and got absorbed.

What is it they say about more than one way to skin a cat!
Anyway, thought I would pass on the info... that said, I will try to follow your hint.

Thanks again,
Carlos

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:23 am

Congrats cmendoza!

As you say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Now that you got it, [warning, spoiler!] another method is to slow down the other mote. There are muliple ways of doing that too, but one technique is to work your orbit so you're right in front of the other mote, and then, j ust as it's close, eject some mass into it to escape which will also slow it down, shrinking its orbit, and... :) [/spoiler]

Cheers,
Eddy

KazooKathy

Postby KazooKathy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I've been stuck on this level for days, and I've not been able to affect the orbit of the red mass by sending my mass into it. Not everything I shoot at it gets in, and if I shoot more than a tiny bit, I shoot off into annihilation. Any more advice? I've been enjoying the game so far, but I hate being stuck here.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey KazooKathy,

A few people have asked for help on this one, so I'm going to create a video demo on how to beat the level. I'll try to get this done in the next day or two. :)
We're also thinnking of adding a "skip this level" option to the game, but that'll take us longer to update.

Cheers,
Eddy

KazooKathy

Postby KazooKathy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Eddy:

Thanks for the tips and support. Since my earlier post, I tried again, and beat the level not by shooting at the red mass but by letting it absorb me. I must say, after all the levels of trying to NOT be absorbed, this strategy was counterintuitive and the tips on this forum were very helpful. Now I'm on to trying to figure out the complex gravitational forces of the level that follows. For that one at least I have a strategy.
The sabotage level might be easier if clearer instruction was given at the beginning of the level. The version on my ipad didn't tell me enough. At first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to sabotage the red mass or the sun. Would it be OK to tell players that the goal is to destroy the red mote?
Thanks again for a great game. My kids love it, too, and they are learning patience and conservation of energy - attributes not emphasized in their games.

KazooKathy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Glad to hear it KazooKathy, and that your kids are enjoying it! :)

And for anyone that needs more help with these levels, I just posted a video tutorial for the last 5 levels of the Odyssey (ie. Precision 4 though 8) here:
http://www.hemispheregames.com/2010/07/ ... -tutorial/

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”