Precision 8/8

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
Bobbon

Precision 8/8

Postby Bobbon » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 am

I've spent the best part of three hours on this, and I'm getting nowhere!

Might I suggest that the developers consider including a kind of 'skip one level' option, which would allow the player to move on in the odyssey? At any time, the player could retrieve their 'skip level' by going back and completing the skipped level.

This would preserve the style and feel of the game, but also avoid the terrible frustration one feels at being unable to proceed because of one particular level.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Precision 8/8

Postby eddybox » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 am

Hey Bobbon,

Thanks for the suggestion, we're thinking about something like this exactly. :)

In the meantime... Precision 8/8 is actually the last level of the Odyssey, so you're pretty much there!

Thanks,
Eddy

Bobbon

Postby Bobbon » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 am

Great work, by the way; it works fantastically on the iPad. Thanks!

Bigk

Postby Bigk » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm

I agree there needs be a way to skip a level I've gotten stuck on this level also. Otherwise it's been a real fun game.

riksche

Postby riksche » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:14 am

Another stuck on p8. Any tips?

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Tip #1. As with all Solar levels, it's important to always be traveling in an orbit. Fight too hard against gravity and you'll suddenly find yourself careening towards the Attractor or the edges of the Blobiverse. The extra challenge in Solar 8 is changing direction. Once you've collected as much mass as you can in the inner ring, get as far away from the Attractor as possible (thus minimizing gravity's effects) and establish an orbit in the other direction before you enter into the large outer ring.

Tip #2. The important moves in all Solar levels are expanding your orbit and contracting your orbit. Tap behind your mote to make your orbit larger, or tap in in front of your mote to make your orbit smaller. You should only be tapping to the side of your mote to make small micro-adjustments to collect passing motes.

Tip #3. Abuse that time warp. Slow time right down when things are getting tight. Or if you're impatient and wasting too much energy chasing after motes, just speed time up and see how many motes you can collide with in your orbit without wasting any of your mass.

Good luck!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 pm

In addition to what curmudgeonlybumbly wrote, I just posted a video tutorial for the last 5 levels of the Odyssey (ie. Precision 4 though 8) here:
http://www.hemispheregames.com/2010/07/ ... -tutorial/

Hope that helps! :)
Eddy

riksche

Postby riksche » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks for posting the video - you make it look so easy! Hopefully I can replicate your success.

b26354

Postby b26354 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:42 pm

I've noticed that precision 8/8 is significantly more difficult on an iPad than the iPhone version. If I leave both running for the same amount of time without moving I see a large mote forming in the outer ring quite quickly on the iPad which means you have a limited amount of time to complete the level before the mote gets too big.

It took me many, many tries to complete the level on my iPad and only one try on my iPhone :)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi b26354,

Hmmm... they should be identical as of 1.6.3. Are you playing the latest version on both devices?

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”