Extremely Annoyed!

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
arjwalker

Extremely Annoyed!

Postby arjwalker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:58 am

I love this game and have spent the last 3 days playing it but i have to say I am extremely annoyed!! I have come to work this morning and thought i would show the app to some friends in the office only to find the application would not open.

So i tried turning the iPad off/on a few times to no avail, so only other thing was to try and uninstall the game meaning losing all my hours spent playing. After uninstalling and reinstalling the problem was still there. I decided to come on this site to see if anyone else has had the issue which was when i came across another user who had the same issue when connected to a proxy server and that the issue is known!!

This is a big bug as far as im concerned and should have been put out as an patch/update straight away.

Im guessing this is going to happen to most people who take their iPads to work and like me they are not going to me happy when they remove the game (as this is the normal procedure with problem apps) then find out it has not resolved the issue.

It's a great game but this is a BIG bug.

Anthony (Extremely Annoyed!) :x

curmudgeonlybumbly

Re: Extremely Annoyed!

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 am

Hi Anthony,
I'm very sorry that you were caught by the authenticating proxy server bug. Obviously we want people to have as much fun playing Osmos as possible, and it would be very frustrating to lose all your progress.
We are a very small team at Hemisphere Games (currently 3 active developers) and while we try very hard to thoroughly test Osmos there were a few scenarios we just never encountered in our beta testing. Being behind an authenticating proxy server, and playing Osmos before connecting the iPad to the network was one of them.
Any time we make changes to the game, there is the possibility of introducing new bugs. If we rushed out an update and introduced new bugs we risked making a lot more people unhappy. So please, I ask for your patience as we are trying hard to thoroughly test our final fixes before submitting the next update.
Again, sorry for your lost progress.

Aaron
Mac developer at Hemisphere Games.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Extremely Annoyed!

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi Anthony,

I'd just like to double check we've correctly identified the problem and you're not experiencing something else. Is the game crashing when you start it up, or when you complete a level? If you turn off Anonymous Stats does the problem go away?

Thanks for your patience. We *do* plan to roll out an update with this fix in addition to a few other minor ones we're working on. (Keep in mind it takes up to 2 weeks for Apple to post a submitted update to the store, so we can't update more frequently than that.)

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”