won't start (iph)

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
jsb

won't start (iph)

Postby jsb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Osmos won't start at all on my iPhone. Thirty seconds with the Hemi logo, then back to the OS home page.

3G, OS 4.0.1

jsb

Re: won't start (iph)

Postby jsb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok, three reboots later, it starts.

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Excellent. I was just about to propose restarting the phone. I've sadly found frozen apps to be a bit more common in iOS4.0 than iOS 3.2. Hopefully the stability improves a bit with the iOS 4.1 release.

Helen

Postby Helen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:13 am

hi, I have just got this game on iPhone and I like the look of it but I can't find any decent instructions as to what to do. I get to the first screen where it says I should move the blue 'me' to the circle so ut moves over but then I am unable to stop it. The pinch to zoom in and out doesn't seem to work and I don't know how to get any further. Instructions say tap before to speed up and tap after to slow down but these don't work either. Please someone help!!!

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Helen,
your mote carries momentum, so you need to use as much force to stop your mote as you used to get it started.
In the first level, try tapping exactly once directly to the left of the mote. Your player will start to drift towards the right. Now tap exactly once to the right of the mote, your player should come to a halt. Now repeat the experiment, tapping twice to the left, and then twice to the right.
This will start and stop your player if you're always tapping in the middle of your screen vertically. If you tap once on the left side of the mote, and once above the mote, your final direction will be down and to the right.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”