Fix for Zoomed Screen Display

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
MomInCT

Fix for Zoomed Screen Display

Postby MomInCT » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:47 am

My first time ever playing this game, I think I was on level 8/10 (for the iPhone). It's the round where you are surrounded by 4 bigger blobs and have to get them to move out of the way before you can go over the 4 smaller blobs. I pinch zoomed on the screen and everything went crazy. It zoomed to multiple magnification and stayed there. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't move, zoom, unzoom, etc. I exited the game, and the problem persisted on my iphone. I couldn't even navigate to my "Settings" app on my iphone. I was helpless.

I tried turning the iphone off and on. It didn't help.
I tried a hard reset. It didn't help.
I did a restore of my iPhone and it didn't help.

Finally I found the fix - with the iPhone plugged into the computer, go to the "Summary" tab. Under the "Options" section, click on the button "Configure Universal Access". There's a button for "Seeing: Zoom" which will be checked, even though you don't want it to be. You need to change the option to "Seeing: Neither", then click OK and everything will be okay again.

iPhone 3GS, software version 4.0.1

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Fix for Zoomed Screen Display

Postby eddybox » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi MomInCT,

Thanks for the info. From your description it sounds like this is the same issue as the Zoom accessibility feature found in the device's "Settings" menu:
http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-ipad ... ee_fingers

Unfortunately, there isn't any way for us to detect if a player has this enabled (Apple doesn't expose this information to apps), so there isn't much we can do to warn players about it. That said, we've included a workaround for players who want to keep the feature enabled by using a four-finger instead of a three-finger tap.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”