IPhone was MAJOR BUGGED by OSMOS iP

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
BMM

IPhone was MAJOR BUGGED by OSMOS iP

Postby BMM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:23 am

Or rather I thourght it was...

Here is my nr. 1 major mistake... har har har.
I wrote to mr. Eddy this:

Hi, Nice game i think untill..
In the tutorial when u learn to zoom....
WaaaMMM!!!
I could never get the zoom to work properly...AND ...
even when I ended game and returned to normal Iphone screen... the zoom was on!!!
Major BUG i must say.

I had to reinstall to fabric mode on Iphone and find a way older securitycopy in oder to get just SOME of my Apps...
Not happy about that, course I resently bought more Apps among them yours With a... hrmm hmmm (swearing) BUG.

Nice to have my money back
+++ B
Last edited by BMM on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: IPhone was MAJOR BUGGED by OSMOS iP

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 am

Hi BMM,

I don't think it's a bug, but rather a feature of your iPhone (that you've enabled) which is intercepting the input.
http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-ipad ... ee_fingers

Unfortunately, there isn't any way for us to detect if a player has this enabled (Apple doesn't expose this information to apps), so there isn't much we can do to warn players about it. That said, we've included a workaround for players who want to keep the feature enabled by using a four-finger instead of a three-finger tap.

I'd really like to make sure this is the case though, as we want to solve this if at all possible. Could you please try enabling the "zoom accessibility" feature on your phone, try it out (triple-tap to zoom), and let us know if that looks like what happened when you had the problem?

Thanks!
Eddy

BMM

Postby BMM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 am

Unfortunately I do not wish to reinstall ur app and spend money again, mabey to find that it mabye work or to find that I have trouble again.
I think that mabye u do ur job and I will do mine... wish is to use my phone as is.... sounds fair.....?
Sounds fair to me ; )

And I sill wish to have my money back pls.
+++ B

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:59 am

Hi BMM,

I'm not asking you to reinstall the app, just to try re-enabling the Zoom accessibility feature of your device and try it out to see if it looks the same as the problem you had. (We'd like to know if it's just the device's zoom kicking in, or if we really have a problem.)

As for refunding your purchase, we have zero control over Apple's App Store, sorry. You could try asking their support channel though.

Thanks,
Eddy

BMM

Postby BMM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I humbly appoligize and can only agree to study the link below as suggested of the fine and skilled employee called Eddybox.
Thank you Eddybox

+++ B

BMM

Postby BMM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:12 pm

The three-finger tap to pause/exit isn’t working for me.
You have the “Zoom” accessibility feature enabled on your iPhone, which intercepts the input. This is why we also added the four-finger tap to access the menu. If you want to disable the accessiblity feature on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Zoom -> and switch to Off.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Glad to hear that helped BMM. :)

Sorry about the hassle. Not sure what we can do to avoid this issue for the few people who have the zoom-accessibility feature enabled without knowing it...

And btw, you can always reinstall Osmos or any other app you've previously purchased from the App Store without paying for it again. Details in our FAQ:
http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-ipad ... meta_rebuy

Cheers,
Eddy

BMM

Postby BMM » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:28 am

You too sorry bout my beeing a little to dramatic
Thank you Eddy

Jools

Postby Jools » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 am

Have just posted up similar issue with my iTouch. Had to laugh at BMM being dramatic as I've just had MAJOR rant on FB about it!! But, on the iTouch, I don't even know if I have a zoom control feature or whatever it is you said to do on the phone....so, I'm still stuck with huge icons and barely able to get round the screen. I am at the point of throwing the iTouch at the wall.......

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:49 am

Hi Jools,

Here's the quote from our FAQ:

The three-finger tap to pause/exit isn’t working for me.
You have the “Zoom” accessibility feature enabled on your iPhone, which intercepts the input. This is why we also added the four-finger tap to access the menu. If you want to disable the accessiblity feature on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Zoom -> and switch to Off.

Hope that helps!

Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”