Lost sound on iPhone 3Gs with 4.0 os

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
Diane Vancouver

Lost sound on iPhone 3Gs with 4.0 os

Postby Diane Vancouver » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I FINALLY made it out of Odyssey!!! Yeah!! I don't have much experience playing games.

After a few times playing in Arcade I lost all sounds. Even when I go back to Odyssey there is no music.
I checked the settings in the game and sound is on, effects is on.
Sound works for other apps on my iPhone.
OS 4.0 isn't new
I haven't d/l any new games or anything lately.

Suggestions? (I did hate the aggressive sounds in Arcade, but I'm sure my phone didn't read my mind!)

v163 build 1421

Diane

curmudgeonlybumbly

Re: Lost sound on iPhone 3Gs with 4.0 os

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Diane,
earlier we had some troubles getting sound to resume after receiving a phone call, but assuming you've downloaded and applied all the Osmos updates, that's not your problem.
One of the following steps should solve your problem.
1. Go to the Osmos settings page (the gears icon) and make sure your music volume is above 0.
2. Completely exit Osmos. After pressing the home button on your iPhone, Osmos suspends to the background. To completely exit, double click the home button to bring up the multitasking bar. Then hold your finger down on the Osmos icon until the red minus sign appears. Press the minus sign to exit Osmos completely. The soundsystem should reset the next time you start Osmos.
3. Finally, if that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone. Hold down the top power button for 6 seconds until the "slide to power off" message appears. Restart your phone.
One of those steps should certainly work.

p.s. Congratulations on beating the Odyssey! If you find the collision sound effects too aggressive, you can always turn down the sound effects while keeping the background music in the settings screen.

Diane Vancouver

Re: Lost sound on iPhone 3Gs with 4.0 os

Postby Diane Vancouver » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Crum...

I did steps 1 and 2 and it's all fixed. Thanks so much for your quick help. I'll remember that - to really quit if I have any problems again.

I will turn down that aggressive music as per your suggestion too.

I am really enjoying this game and am surprised by how addictive it is.

All the best,

Diane

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”