BUG FOUND in Latest version!!!

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
xueyurose

BUG FOUND in Latest version!!!

Postby xueyurose » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:34 am

I bought the game today and was having fun with the "Odyssey" mode, after finishing the first 10 levels and unlocking some of the features in Arcade mode, I quit the game with the home button of the iPhone.

Upon re-entering the game, the screen is freezed at the starting page (where you can see "Odyssey" and "Arcade" modes), the music is still playing,
but THE SCREEN DOES NOT RESPOND TO ANY TOUCH, I can't continuing playing the Odyssey mode which I have not finished or enter the Arcade mode page, same for all the options on top.

The same happen when I quit game (with the home button ofcourse) and re-enter.

Mine is the iPhone 3GS with Mac OS upgraded to 4.1.

Can the technician please help me solve the problem and release new updates so that I can continue playing? THX!

curmudgeonlybumbly

Re: BUG FOUND in Latest version!!!

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 am

Hi there,
unfortunately in the new iOS 4.x, pressing the home button doesn't actually exit an application. Instead the application is just sent to the background and when you "launch" Osmos again by tapping the Osmos icon, the game is just reactivated. To fully restart Osmos, try one of the following steps:
1. After pressing the home button on your iPhone, Osmos suspends to the background. To completely exit, double click the home button to bring up the multitasking bar. Then hold your finger down on the Osmos icon until the red minus sign appears. Press the minus sign to exit Osmos completely. The touch system should reset the next time you start Osmos.
2. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone. Hold down the top power button for 6 seconds until the "slide to power off" message appears. Restart your phone.
I'll have a look at the code and see if I can figure out how we're losing tap messages. In the meantime, one of the two previous methods should certainly let you continue playing Osmos. Have fun.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”