Multi-user (not Multi-player) needed

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
Evertype

Multi-user (not Multi-player) needed

Postby Evertype » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:30 pm

One thing that is great about Plants vs Zombies is that it lets you create more than one user... so you can keep track of your own levels, and the partner or children can keep track of theirs. I really wish that Osmos had this facility.. because without it, the partner can't play the game! Can you add this facility? It should be simple to do.

I don't care if I play "against" other people or play "with" them across the room. But I would like my levels to be separate from those of others who might wish to play the game on my iPad.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Multi-user (not Multi-player) needed

Postby eddybox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Evertype,

Thanks for the feedback. We had actually implemented this for the most recent update (1.6.4), tying users' progress to their GameCenter account. This would have allowed separate user progress without cluttering the game interface/menus. Unfortunately, GC's still a little buggy, and in testing we found users sometimes lost their progress as a result of GC login confusion. So we axed the feature at the last minute. Better to miss a feature than have some players lose their progress! We'll look into adding it back without GC integration in the future...

Cheers,
Eddy

ps. As for multiplayer... we're working on the tech right now. If all goes well we'll be adding that too. :)

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”