Messed up my Iphone

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
jamieson247

Messed up my Iphone

Postby jamieson247 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello,
Within 10 minutes of downloading and using this app it stopped allowing me to zoom out. I exited the app only to find that my entire iphone screen was now permanently zoomed in. I could not zoom out. I restarted my phone. that did not fix the issue. I restarted it again. Still nothing. I deleted the app and restarted my phone again... still not working.
Very very disappointed in this $3 app that has now caused me to have to restore my phone from a backup that has caused me to lose a lot of valuable information that was inputted in my phone since my last backup.
I will give this app a big fat 0 stars in the app store because of this. Fun game but it jacked up my Iphone. not happy about this.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Messed up my Iphone

Postby eddybox » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hope you didn't restore from backup yet, because your phone is fine! Please see this item on our FAQ (it's also spread around in various spots on this board as well): http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-ipad ... om_haywire

ps. I wish there was a way for us to detect this setting on people's phones! We looked into it, but Apple doesn't expose it in their programmer's API. It's unfortunate, because it confuses a few people out there. I have no idea why Apple would hijak 3-finger input (without even notifying the program or user) on a device they're encouraging developers to "fully explore the possibilities of multitouch on". We discovered it *right* before shipping, and added the four-finger tap as a last minute addition. Sorry about the trouble.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”