Update Achievements from Game Center

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
jensph

Update Achievements from Game Center

Postby jensph » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 am

I had downloaded Osmos directly to my iPad and played and unlocked a number of levels. Then the next sync with iTunes removed it! I checked it off in iTunes and re-synced it back to the iPad, and of course all the achievements are gone.

However I did link with Game Center and when I open Game Center I can see the achievements listed.

In Osmos I added Game Center support, but the achievements don't appear to sync from Game Center to Osmos. Should they? Well, they should, so, do they?!

Thanks!

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Update Achievements from Game Center

Postby eddybox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 am

Hi jensph,

The short, sad answer is: they don't. That said, it may make sense for us to add that in a future update. Is it just the achievements you'd like to see brought back from Game Center? I'm wondering because you'd still have to progress through the game again to unlock levels. (On PC we keep player progress separate from the install, but on iOS these are unfortunately bound together.) Are you aware of any other games that support uninstalling/reinstalling while keeping your progress and achievements? If so, please point us to it, as it'd be a good reference example for us.

Thanks!
Eddy

jensph

Re: Update Achievements from Game Center

Postby jensph » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 am

I'm afraid I'm not much of a gamer. I had just assumed that Game Center would serve the purpose of back-up for games, since there's no way through iTunes for 3rd party apps. After doing some more searching it doesn't look like Game Center can be used in the way I expected. I guess app developers still need to use cloud storage.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”