Moving from iphone to iPad

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
kensington1994

Moving from iphone to iPad

Postby kensington1994 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm

I've been torturing myself playing on the iPhone and wanted to start using the family iPad. My son had already purchased the HD version. I am part of the OpenFeint system but my data doesn't seem to transfer. Actually, I see it on the laptop but it doesnt let me play it as he has other version. Okay...so then I decided to put the iPhone version on his laptop and that said it installed, but it disappeared and won't let me do it again. Thinking it might be because he already had an HD version, I deleted that one as I am through most levels but the final three and Elipcycles Arcade. But now I have nothing because it is still saying it was installed! YIKES AND help please!
Thanks, Ava
PS I swear I see pinpoints of light and blue lines swirling in space. There must be some retinal memory thing going on!

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Moving from iphone to iPad

Postby eddybox » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Ava,

I have to admit -- I'm not too clear on exactly what you're trying to do. For starters, your progress in Osmos can't be transferred between iPhone/iPad and Mac (the game structure and progress files are entirely different). Also, unless you jailbreak your iPhone/iPad, I don't think there's any way for you to copy your progress between devices. (ie. it won't happen automatically via GameCenter nor OpenFeint.)

Does that help...?

Cheers,
Eddy

kensington1994

Postby kensington1994 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Well, as I'm not going to jailbreak the phone, I resolved to complete it on the phone... And I did! The funny thing is...I thought there was more! I saw people posting about FC levels and as it turns out, they were talking about the arcade level I guess! Great game...loved it! Can't wait to play it on iPad now!
Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:50 am

Nice! Congrats, Ava -- Osmos isn't an easy game to finish. ;-)

As for bonus content, if you're looking for something harder, the PC/Mac/Linux version actually has "infinitely" difficult bonus content once you complete the regular 47 levels. (Even some of those 47 levels are harder than anything on the iPhone/iPad.)

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”