No Osmos music since iOS5 upgrade iPad2

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
timbaker

No Osmos music since iOS5 upgrade iPad2

Postby timbaker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 am

Since I updated the iPad2 to iOS5 the background music from Cosmos has vanished. I still get sound effects and I can still play my own music through "Music" (ex- iPod)

This feels like a bug. Anyone else?

curmudgeonlybumbly

Re: No Osmos music since iOS5 upgrade iPad2

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Tim,
I've been unable to recreate your bug on my iOS5 devices, but I have a few theories.
1. I'm sure you've checked this, but is the music volume in the Osmos settings menu turned up to max?
2. We don't play music in Osmos if we detect that the iPod player is playing. Perhaps the iPod player has hung and is reporting back that it's playing a tune when it isn't. Can you kill both the iPod player and Osmos and try again (double tap the home screen button, find Osmos and the Music icon. Hold down the icon until it starts wiggling, and the press the red minus button.)
3. If that doesn't work, try rebooting the device entireley. Hold down the on/off switch for 6 seconds and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if the problem persists after that.

Thanks,

Aaron

Osmosuser

Postby Osmosuser » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 am

I just purchased Osmos (iPad 1 on OS5) but can't get it to play any sound out of the main speaker. I can only hear it using headphones. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution? I deleted the app and redownloaded from the app store and rebooted the iPad, but no difference. Thanks.

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 pm

The iPad keeps separate volume levels for the headphones and the internal speaker. So you could have a setting of 7 for the headphones and 0 with the speaker. Osmos has no control over where the sound goes. We just tell the iPad to play music and the system does the rest. My best suggestion, unplug the headphones and then increase the volume on your iPad.

Miish

Postby Miish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 am

Hello all

I have the same problem.
Have sound only in headphones. Tried to do all that was suggested but nothing is helping.
Please help to fight the problem.
In my opinion it's because Osmos has problem only in ios version 5. So developers should fix it and release update.
Hope it will be available soon.

Iquoha

Postby Iquoha » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:51 pm

I had the same problem, but then i muted and unmuted the ipad via sideswitch. Did the trick!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri May 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks for the tip, Iquoha! Curious to know if this works for others...

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”