Problems in finding the game in App Store

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
lvella

Problems in finding the game in App Store

Postby lvella » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi.

Recently I got an iPad and wanted to play Osmos on it. But when I searched the App Store I could not find it, and the link to the application in the page http://www.hemispheregames.com/osmos-ipad/ does not work in my device.

I have contacted Apple support regarding this problem and they said I should contact the developers in regarding this problem, and the content may have been removed. So I am asking here, in the developer's official forum: is Osmos still available in App Store for iPad? Can any other user at least find the application inside the store?

Meal Worms

Re: Problems in finding the game in App Store

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 am

Hi Ivella,

Thanks for your post. From my end, it looks like the link on the hemispheregames.com/osmos page correctly redirects me to the Osmos AppStore page. Also, when I search for 'Osmos' on the AppStore, the first link I see is 'Osmos for iPad'.

Were you able to track down the game in the end?

Cheers,
Dave

lvella

Postby lvella » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:57 am

Not yet, but thanks. For now I will play the Linux version I have.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 am

Awesome Ivella -- Enjoy! ;-)

Dave

lvella

Postby lvella » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 am

Found the problem. It was hard to Apple to give it up (nor the device said, and it took me 13 emails with the technical support to have the truth of it). I live in Brazil, and that I stated when creating my Apple account. For yet unknown reasons, Osmos is unavailable to Brazilians in the App Store. It seems to me a kind of discrimination.

Were you aware of that? That your product was not available to Brazilians and possibly many other countries in the world? Can you make it available to us?

If it is of your interest, it would be good of you to make a little pressure from your side on Apple, because I am a little weak as a costumer in a foreign country when making such requests. All I can do is to bother the tech support, that seems to be outsourced from India.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 am

Sorry to hear that Ivella! I was not aware that Osmos was unavailable in Brazil; we'll look into it and take the matter up with Apple.

Cheers!
Dave

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Ivella,

We've just heard back from Apple support -- apparently there are no games for sale on the AppStore in Brazil. Did a quick bit of research on the web, and it seems to have to do with the fact that in Brazil software needs to be age-classified, which the AppStore currently does not enforce.

Apologies for the inconvenience! Wish we could be available to Brazilian iOS players.

Dave

lvella

Postby lvella » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 pm

So, there is no way...
Thanks for diving into the issue.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”