Support for new iPad

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Support for new iPad

Postby eddybox » Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

Hi jojo95,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

I know people aren't really interested in the nitty gritty details, but we forked our development branch when starting multiplayer, and have only added iPad retina support in that branch. Going back and redoing it in our stable 1.6.5 branch (current store version) would take us an additional week or so. That and the fact that it takes up to two weeks for Apple to approve updates means fans wouldn't get the retina update much sooner anyways, and would delay multiplayer. So... hang in there please -- we're working as fast as we can on this.

Thanks,
Eddy

okEric

Postby okEric » Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm

eddybox wrote:Hi jojo95,

I know people aren't really interested in the nitty gritty details, but we forked our development branch when starting multiplayer, and have only added iPad retina support in that branch. Going back and redoing it in our stable 1.6.5 branch (current store version) would take us an additional week or so. That and the fact that it takes up to two weeks for Apple to approve updates means fans wouldn't get the retina update much sooner anyways, and would delay multiplayer. So... hang in there please -- we're working as fast as we can on this.

Thanks,
Eddy

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for responding to us on this forum. Just know we love the game you guys made!

Have you decided yet whether the new version will be an update for current owners, or will it need to be repurchased? I'm contemplating buying the iPad version (have android version) now, but if it will be a new purchase, I'll just wait a bit.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for the support okEric. We're planning on releasing this all (multiplayer, etc.) as one, big, free update. =D

Cheers,
Eddy

Shamusl

Postby Shamusl » Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for your awesome support! I bought Osmos for my Xoom and recently got the new iPad and I'm definitely glad you've given me a reason to rebuy your game with the new graphics. I imagine it looks pretty beautiful on here with a few million more pixels. Simple beauty. Keep it up!

jojo95

Postby jojo95 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:01 pm

eddybox wrote:Hi jojo95,

Thanks,
Eddy

Yes, that are all reasonable arguments, but it's just that you should have already started with the plan to release the retina update before even starting to work on the multiplayer update...
Anyway, we are all happy that a update is coming, given that so many developers aren't even caring about any hardware/software upadate in the devices... (many aren't even supporting iOS' multitasking, to say nothing about retina displays :( )

So, thank you for standing up-to-date, for not being neglectful and for caring about your customers! :D

okEric

Postby okEric » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 pm

OMG I can't stand waiting. I keep checking the damn app store nearly every day hoping the last updated date changes from 2010 to today.

Any new updates on progress?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 am

It's not on the store yet, but we're in beta testing mode now and are about to open things up to the public. IF you're willing to test multiplayer and give us your feedback, we'd be happy to send you a build which includes retina support! What say ye?

If so, send us an email at our webmaster address!

Cheers,
Eddy

okEric

Postby okEric » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 am

eddybox wrote:It's not on the store yet, but we're in beta testing mode now and are about to open things up to the public. IF you're willing to test multiplayer and give us your feedback, we'd be happy to send you a build which includes retina support! What say ye?

If so, send us an email at our webmaster address!

Cheers,
Eddy

Omg I'm so excited. Just sent the email!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Howdy folks,

I'm happy to say that the update (multiplayer + Retina) will be hitting the App Store this Thursday! As you can imagine, we're excited to be finally getting this one out there! Huzzah! :)

okEric

Postby okEric » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 am

eddybox wrote:Howdy folks,

I'm happy to say that the update (multiplayer + Retina) will be hitting the App Store this Thursday! As you can imagine, we're excited to be finally getting this one out there! Huzzah! :)

Sweetness! I knew the day would come soon.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”