problem on new ipad

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
tnecniv

problem on new ipad

Postby tnecniv » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:36 am

I did the recent update of Osmos HD for the retina support on new ipad : first problem : the selection screen is almost completely dark : the planets to select the Odyssey and others are barely visible.
You still can select Odyssey but then, in the game, the pinch to zoom in or out is not working anymore. It's thus impossible to play. (I check that the zoom in/out is working fine in other Apps)
Can you check that ?
Thanks.
Sincerely

vincent

dgdgagdae

Re: problem on new ipad

Postby dgdgagdae » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Same here. The screen is so dark that I can't see what to tap on to start a new game. The Game Center notification when I start the app back up is perfectly bright, though. I can see the Hemisphere Games Logo, then the "Best with headphones" screen, and then it goes dark except for the Game Center notification.

stubbo66

Postby stubbo66 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Same here, dark selection screen, pinch to zoom not working and also three finger tap for options doesn't work either.

cbm

Postby cbm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm having roughly the same problems. I made the mistake of de-installing/re-installing, which lost all my achievements, but it didn't help.

Miksu

Postby Miksu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Heh, turning the ipad off and then on again fixed it for me :)

dgdgagdae

Postby dgdgagdae » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Miksu wrote:Heh, turning the ipad off and then on again fixed it for me :)

Well I'll be...that worked. I had even deleted the app and reinstalled it, which caused me to lose my progress. I hadn't thought of just turning off the iPad!

Thanks!

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey gang,

Thanks for the report. Very strange! Seems only to be happening with iPad 3, but most iPad 3s are running the update just fine. Anyway, glad rebooting the device solves the problem.

That said -- can you all please send us you Osmos log file and progress file, so we can try to track down the issue? Even for folks who rebooted their device, I'd appreciate it if you could send us those files, so we can get to the bottom of this sporadic problem.

Here's how to get at those files.

1) Connect your iOS device to your computer.
2) In iTunes (on your computer), select your device (on the left, under 'Devices).
3) Go to the 'Apps' tab for your device, and scroll down to 'File Sharing'
4) Select 'Osmos', and on the right you should see some filenames appear.
5) Select 'Osmos.log' and hit the 'Save to...' button to save it to your computer
6) Do the same thing with 'Osmos.sta' (the Osmos progress file)
7) Attach the log and progress files to an email, sending it to <daveburke at hemispheregames dot com>

Thanks all! We'll get to the bottom of this.
Dave

tnecniv

Postby tnecniv » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 am

I did the reboot (not just switching on/off, but pressing both home and start buttons at the same time) and it worked : solve the problem.

ShadowS

Postby ShadowS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 am

The problem also happened for me. The only difference is that I have an Ipad 2. Power cycling did fix it though. For a week my nephew was very upset that it wasn't working... I always turn off my PC to check for possible fixes but for some reason I never think to turn off my portable devices. Thanks for the quick fix.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Hey folks,

We’re investigating the source of this issue and would really appreciate your help in tracking it down; we can’t reproduce it in-house.

If you’re willing to leave your device in a non-playable-Osmos state for a bit, please don't reboot the device, and instead send us an email at <webmaster at hemispheregames dot com> -- we’ll send you a build to test.

Thanks!!
Dave

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”