Little suggestions for multiplayer mode

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
absztra

Little suggestions for multiplayer mode

Postby absztra » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:28 am

First of all, Osmos is a great game and I'd like to thank the people who created it.

I would have little suggestions for the multiplayer mode:

- Text chat feature
- When there is a problem with the connection, it could show which player is having the issues, instead of just showing "Waiting for Player..." - it's a bit disturbing and sometimes I'm not sure if it's my fault, or my enemies.
- More game styles... I'd have a few ideas, but that would make this thread too long I guess.
- More marketing :) I see a lot of potential in this game and it seems like only such few people are actually playing it.

That's all I could come up with after playing it for several days. Keep it up.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Little suggestions for multiplayer mode

Postby eddybox » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback absztra! Glad you're enjoying the game.

1. We've included a voice chat feature. Have you given it a try? (It's accessible via the pause menu while playing MP) We figure that'd be more useful than text chat while playing.
2. There's actually no way for us to tell whose internet connection is causing the problem, just that things are slow / hiccupy. Hence wording it this way.
3. We're always happy to hear people's suggestions.
4. Marketing costs money, and in our experience, it doesn't significantly boost the number of players. (Maybe we aren't doing it right.) Word of mouth works best it seems, so feel free to turn some friends on to the game. :)

Cheers,
Eddy

absztra

Re: Little suggestions for multiplayer mode

Postby absztra » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 am

Thanks for your answer, eddybox.

I've seen the voice chat feature. However, most people - including myself - won't really use it, as there's some kind of "not having the guts" to actually talk to strangers... just chatting might lower that barrier. :p

Cheers!

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”