zoom fails on the Galaxy Note

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
Jerome

zoom fails on the Galaxy Note

Postby Jerome » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:05 am

After one or two zooms, or possibly after some other operation (not sure which), the zoom fails on the Galaxy Note.

This makes the game unusable, and I have to close it and restart to zoom again. Overall, I cannot really use it like this.

Could we have a workaround, or some other (optional) way to zoom?

apportable

Re: zoom fails on the Galaxy Note

Postby apportable » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Jerome wrote:After one or two zooms, or possibly after some other operation (not sure which), the zoom fails on the Galaxy Note.

This makes the game unusable, and I have to close it and restart to zoom again. Overall, I cannot really use it like this.

Could we have a workaround, or some other (optional) way to zoom?

Thanks so much for reporting this issue. We're trying to get our hands on a Galaxy Note so that we can fix it. In the meantime, I've added it to our unsupported devices list.

apportable

Postby apportable » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:26 pm

P.S. If you don't want to wait for the fix, email androidsupport@hemispheregames.com and we'll be happy to refund your order.

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

No, no! waiting .... ;-)

I tried a few more levels, and it sometimes works fine for a whole level. I think it may be related to the L/R swipe that controls the speed. I cannot reproduce it at will yet, however. If I can, I'll let you know.

apportable

Postby apportable » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 am

Jerome wrote:No, no! waiting .... ;-)

I tried a few more levels, and it sometimes works fine for a whole level. I think it may be related to the L/R swipe that controls the speed. I cannot reproduce it at will yet, however. If I can, I'll let you know.

Good news, I think we fixed the zoom issue in version 1.1.1. The bug occurred when a stylus and finger touched the screen at the same time -- this put the game into a confused state where pinch gestures would be ignored. With the new version, the stylus can safely be used (but cannot participate in zoom and double/triple tap gestures.)

Hope this works for you! Happy Osmoting!

Return to “Android Osmos”