Crashes on Nexus S with ICS 4.0.3

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
fiktik

Crashes on Nexus S with ICS 4.0.3

Postby fiktik » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

I've just discovered Osmos in Android market and would love to buy it. But when I try to run the demo version on my NS I9020 with Android 4.0.3 the game runs fine for ~3 minutes (duration changes, I suspect the level complexity is a factor), then it starts to be slightly choppy and after a couple seconds it crashes to home screen. With no crashed dialog, nothing. Immediately after the crash I see elements of my homescreen coming up one by one as if being restarted. Seems to me the game continuously eats up RAM and when there is none left it crashes.

Hope this helps. I love the game, I've played it on Windows and would be wonderful to be able to play it on my phone. But as it is, I am unable to complete even basic levels in a demo.

Fiktik

apportable

Re: Crashes on Nexus S with ICS 4.0.3

Postby apportable » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi fiktik,

Thanks for reporting this. We're busily investigating crash issues for the Nexus S running ICS and we expect to have a fix out in the very near future. We'll post here again when it's live. Thanks for your patience!

- The Apportable Team

FatBaron

Postby FatBaron » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Any news? The crashing makes the game rather unplayable. Thanks.

apportable

Postby apportable » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi FatBaron,

We've released several updates to Osmos in the past week and the Nexus S with ICS should not be crashing anymore. If your app version is 1.2.7 and you're still experiencing crashes, please contact us through the following web form and we'll work with you to figure out what's going on: http://apportable.com/apps/osmos.

- The Apportable Team

Return to “Android Osmos”