Crackling sound

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
pupack

Crackling sound

Postby pupack » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 am

Hello there,

i just downloaded a demo of Osmos HD via google Play store. Its a great relaxing game i really want to buy, but i have a sound issues. The sound is popping and crackling on my Samsung Galaxy Mini 2. Any idea for some solution? The sound is big part of why the game is so great and it really destroy the game feeling (:

apportable

Re: Crackling sound

Postby apportable » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello pupack,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're looking into sound distortion issues for Osmos on certain devices and it would be great if you could give us more information about your case. Here are a couple questions we have:

- Which version of Android are you running on your Galaxy Mini 2 and is it a custom ROM or stock Android?
- Does the sound become distorted on particular levels, randomly, or all the time?

Thanks for helping us investigate!

- The Apportable Team

tryntos

Postby tryntos » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm experiencing the same problem with my HTC Desire C (and I SOOO want to hear the music!). I'm running Android 4.0.3, and the crackling/popping sound is constant until the sound completely fails. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, stopped almost all other apps, restarted multiple times, no change.

Please help, I am so eager to experience this lovely game in all its glory.

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun May 19, 2013 9:42 am

Hi,
i have the same problem with my Galaxy S3!

greetings!

apportable

Postby apportable » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention!

We are currently investigating this sound issue and would really appreciate if you could email us at: androidsupport@hemispheregames.com with more information about the problem you're encountering on your devices.

Thanks for helping us investigate this issue :D

apportable

Postby apportable » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi all,

We have a potential solution for you guys.
Osmos is incompatible with vibration auto haptic. When this feature (settings- > sound -> *at the bottom of list*) is enabled for Osmos HD, multiple sound issues may occur, including "harsh" bas and this "jerky" or "ragged" sound. Try unchecking Osmos HD in its options (or turning it off altogether) and see if that clears up your issue.

Please let us know if it works! :D

Return to “Android Osmos”