Groundhog Day + background issue

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
chthonix

Groundhog Day + background issue

Postby chthonix » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Love the dreamy physics but have a couple of queries:

1. I guess I must be missing something but have been through Odyssey twice now to reach (and play) Arcade but when I exit game and re-enter I have to start at the tutorial again and then go through the whole of Odyssey to get back to arcade. Is this expected behaviour?

2. Wherever I launched the game from shows through as a kind background but only on bright notes. The brighter the object the more the background shows through, is this right?

Playing on Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.1.

Any help appreciated.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Groundhog Day + background issue

Postby eddybox » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi chthonix,

1. Absolutely not! Once you've completed a level you should never have to complete it again (unless you'd like to of course).

2. That isn't right either.

Sounds like Osmos is running strangely on your device (though it runs fine on my Nexus 7). Please send an email to androidsupport@hemispheregames.com and we'll try to get you sorted out. (Including a screenshot of issue #2 would probably help.)

Thanks,
Eddy

chthonix

Postby chthonix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 am

Hi Eddy,

Mail sent with two screenshots from different parts of the game and a screenshot of my machine details page.

Cheers,

Warwick

apportable

Postby apportable » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello Warwick,

Thanks for reporting this issue. There is a known bug where Osmos does not save user progress when played on secondary user accounts in Android 4.2+. The translucency issue is also related to this in that it occurs only when playing on secondary accounts, but is a more widespread problem: http://tech2.in.com/news/tablets/androi ... tch/615862. We can't do very much about the translucency issue until Google steps up and addresses it, but we are working on a fix for the save progress issue. We'll answer your email as well, but figured it would be helpful to post a public reply.

~The Apportable Team

chthonix

Postby chthonix » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 am

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the public reply, useful information. Latest news is that I don't see the transparency issue any more having updated to Android 4.2.2. Still have the user profile issue though.

Cheers,

Warwick

Return to “Android Osmos”