Upgrading Market Version to 2.0

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
jasonsf

Upgrading Market Version to 2.0

Postby jasonsf » Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm

When I connect to Google+, my single player achievements disappear. Will those achievements ever appear in the G+ achievements or will they have to be re-obtained?

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading Market Version to 2.0

Postby eddybox » Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 pm

They should appear! Do you mean they don't appear in Google's UI, or have they disappeared from the Osmos UI as well? (If you log out using the g+ button in Osmos and tap on the achievement icon you can see what Osmos "thinks" your achievements are.)

jasonsf

Postby jasonsf » Thu May 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Before I logged in to Google they were there. After connecting to Google, they do not show in Google's ui. I haven't tried logging out of Google to see if Osmos retained them but I assume it has. It appears they haven't synced with Google. Maybe it just hadn't updated yet? I'll check again and have a look.

Update: I opened up Osmos and checked Google's achievements and they were all still inactive. I then disconnected from Google and saw that Osmos still showed all my achievements. Then I reconnected to Google. At that point, Osmos started posting my achievements one at a time. So all is good now. Not sure why they didn't trigger the first time.

Jason

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the troubleshooting and letting us know, jasonsf!

I'm not sure why they didn't post the first time, but I'll hunt through the code and see if I can find any logical/timing holes. We want it to "just work!" :)

Eddy

jasonsf

Postby jasonsf » Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 am

Just to give you a little more to go on, I may have a slightly less common setup. I'm running a rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus with CyanogenMod 10.1. Here is how I installed Osmos 2:

I restored Osmos 1.x from a Titanium backup including data.
Went to the market and upgraded.
Connected to G+ and saw the achievements were grayed out.
Backed up 2.0 with Titanium.
Uninstalled Osmos and restored 1.x from Titanium again.
Checked to see if my achievements were there (thinking the restore had lost them.) They were all there.
Restored Osmos 2.0 APP ONLY from Titanium.
Reconnected to G+
Saw no achievements so posted here.
Disconnected from G+, saw achievements locally, reconnected and all posted.

So that's the process I followed. Hopefully it helps.

On a different subject, kudos for getting the new Google Play Games API integrated so quickly! Google should be calling out the games that have already implemented it. Great job!

Jason

Return to “Android Osmos”