Graphics broken after update to v2.0.2

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
cdlans

Graphics broken after update to v2.0.2

Postby cdlans » Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Osmos HD used to work fine on my Samsung Galaxy Xcover with Android 2.3.6, but since the updates to Osmos v2.0.2 the graphics are broken. In the first few levels there are two white squares rotating around my mote and in the third level or so the whole screen goes black so the game is unplayable :(

Any idea what is causing this?

apportable

Re: Graphics broken after update to v2.0.2

Postby apportable » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Hey Cdians,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Here are a couple troubleshoot tips that might resolve the problem:

- Reboot your device
- Make sure you're not running other apps or live wallpapers in the background when you're playing the game
- Make sure that you have enough device memory available to accommodate the app's size

Please let us know if this helps any. We are still investigating this issue and will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience!

cdlans

Postby cdlans » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi apportable,

Thank you for your response. I rebooted my phone, but it didn't make any difference. I am not running any other apps in the background and I don't have any live wallpapers installed. I am not sure what you mean by device memory (internal, SDcard or RAM?) and how much does Osmos need?

Anyway, Osmos was running fine with my current memory configuration before the update.

Thanks for looking into this and let me know if I can provide more input.
C.

apportable

Postby apportable » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey C,

Thanks so much for the additional feedback! We have investigated the issue further, and after the update the Galaxy xCover is no longer compatible with Osmos HD :cry:
It is no longer available for this device to avoid performance issues that have cropped up after the update, like the white squares, which detract from the game experience.
If you purchased Osmos HD from the Google Play store, we'd be happy to offer you a full refund of your purchase.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

cdlans

Postby cdlans » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi apportable,

That is a shame. Is there any way to download the old version again until the boss (aka girlfriend) allows me to buy a new phone?

C.

icon

Postby icon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:25 am

Hi. I have the same problem with CTAB2. All worked fine but suddenly (I don't remember if I made any update or not) I got those squares in graphics. I performed factory reset (from bootloader menu) but nothing changed. My Android version is 4.0.3 with kernel 3.0.8+. I didn't root my device or performed any action different than normal usage. Does it mean then Osmos HD is no longer compatible with CTAB2 ?

Marcin

apportable

Postby apportable » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Marcin,

Yes, unfortunately we are no longer supporting the CTAB2. Thanks for your understanding!

~The Apportable Team~

Return to “Android Osmos”