Multiplayer annoyance

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
jay

Multiplayer annoyance

Postby jay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:21 am

On the Android "Black Hole Sun" level, as soon as you achieve the goal it drops you into Google+ sign-in. So you don't get to watch the level collapse. It's annoying in general that once you unlock multiplayer mode, every time you achieve something it puts you in the Google+ sign-in screens. But with Black Hole Sun it's particularly annoying because watching the universe collapse is the reward!

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer annoyance

Postby eddybox » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

Hi jay,

Hmmm, that isn't supposed to happen. I'm assuming you aren't logged into G+ in Osmos (and don't want to), right? I'll look into it...

Eddy

jay

Postby jay » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Correct, I did not want to log in to g+. I eventually changed my mind and logged in, that solved the problem. But for single player use without a g+ account its a problem.

Which now brings me to my next question. Can't you play multiplayer outside your g+ circle? I would like to see all osmos players logged on to Google, not just my friends .

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi jay,

Thanks for the update. Just to wrap up on the G+ achievement issue, we did have that problem in an earlier version of Osmos, but it shouldn't occur anymore. (I just tested a fresh install without logging into G+, and I didn't get prompted to login.) Are you running the latest from the store? If not, please update.

As for online multiplayer, yes, you can play against anyone on G+ who's looking for a game. Simply tap on the Google Play Games globe, followed by the first "player" in the list, labeled "Auto-pick player". Hopefully you'll find a game quickly! :)

Cheers!
Eddy

jay

Postby jay » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:21 am

Yay, that works. This game just keeps getting better!

It's a bit confusing first time you choose a random opponent. When you select it, the opponent appears at the top off the screen but also the "go" button at bottom right very slightly changes color and must be pressed. That's what I missed. I was waiting for an opponent to actually appear but that is on the next screen.

Thank you.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Glad to hear that worked! I agree that the UI isn't great, but it's Google's first version and will hopefully improve with time...

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “Android Osmos”