Localization Support

A good place for general questions and comments...
DrAcid

Localization Support

Postby DrAcid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Hey Guys!
First of all, I'd like to congratulate You on a great game! Truly amazing! The demo was a real bomb :shock:
It's awesome that the game comes out August 18! I bet millions of gamers can't wait!

While that's all well, I'd like to know if You guys have any plans for Localization of the game... U know, to open it for users (and markets) of other countries... It would be a great idea!

I've written to eddybox [at]hemispheregames.com about it, but never got a reply, so... Any plans?
Last edited by DrAcid on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meal Worms

Re: Localization Support

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the demo, DrAcid, and thanks for your inquiry! We've note yet localised Osmos to non-English, but we're planning on doing so very soon, in the next few weeks actually. For those who've already purchased the game by the time it gets loc'd, the new localisation behaviour will automatically propagate via the in-game auto updating.

Cheers,
Dave

DrAcid

Postby DrAcid » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 am

We've note yet localised Osmos to non-English, but we're planning on doing so very soon, in the next few weeks actually.

Awesome! I can't wait!
I'm currently a localization team leader, we translate video games & software into Georgian Language, we were the first ones to start Game Localizing in our Country. We also provide Russian quality translations, if one is needed.

We know that the game uses TrueType Fonts, which is very handy for translating...
We provide fonts as well. An agreement from the creator of it will be provided if needed.

Our projects so far are*:
  • Braid [officially] - release scheduled to next update
  • And Yet It Moves [officially] - currently proof-reading and testing
  • World Of Goo [unoff.] - released as a free patch, as the authors would leave all translations Fan-managed
  • The Orange Box - Portal [unoff.] - post-production... of a patch :)
  • Luxor 3 [unoff.]
  • Magic Ball 3 [unoff.]
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl [unoff.] - currently frozen
  • AIMP2 Music Player [officially] - included in OFF. release
  • phpBB3 Forum [officially] - translation manager
  • AJAX Chat [officially] - included in OFF. release

If You are interested, please contact me: acidlabz [at] gmail.com

*Screenshots provided upon request

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:32 am

Hi DrAcid,

Thanks for all the info. I did get your mail, but time is tight right now, and my inbox is growing fast! ;-)

Our initial plans are to do localizations to: French, German, Spanish and Italian. We'll definitely contact you though as soon as we're ready to move on from there.

Thanks, :)
Eddy

Nacery

Postby Nacery » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:41 am

I can make a spanish translation too (I have my game fully translated)

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks for the offer Nacery! We expect to be localising Osmos in the near future, but in the mean time, please do feel free to share your translations here for the sake of other players, if you're interested!

Dave

Catinthewall

Postby Catinthewall » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 am

How about posting the base text file so that anyone can grab it and start editing? It's a relatively small amount of text, even compared to other small indie games.
This game could be set to completely text-free, and make it completely universal. Pause menu could be symbols, and the tutorial text replaced with whiteboardlike diagrams.

Sheridan

Postby Sheridan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

You can easily translate using file "Osmos-en.loc" in the game folder.

DrAcid

Postby DrAcid » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:53 am

Hey guys!

How's OSmos doing? I just love playing it to calm the nerves down :P
So, a while ago, U guys told me that U were going to translate Osmos into several European languages... I've been a little not-up-to-date, so... how is it going?
You know, I would REALLY like to start the translation of the game... to let the Georgian Games

I know I can edit the TTF font, and I know I can edit the Localization file... BUT there are problems related to that... something that limits the possibility & the number of translations that can be created... ;)
So:

1. The LOC file is Windows-1251, which limits the languages to all the European ones... nothing else, nothing truly International...
2. The TTF file is REALLY limited to several tens of glyphs besides the standard English ones, not even fully supporting Windows-1251 encoding... (Not even Cyrillic characters, that means - even no Russian... which is BIG)

Could You PLEASE do anything about this? at least the FONT problem... please...?

DrAcid

Postby DrAcid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:30 am

Hey Guys... Any help?...please?

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”