Preordering on retail websites such as steam / direct2drive

A good place for general questions and comments...
bloodyhenry

Preordering on retail websites such as steam / direct2drive

Postby bloodyhenry » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 am

Hey there,

I've preordered the game from direct2drive, and I would like to know if I will have access to the linux and mac version when they are released.

I've seen on your website that by ordering directly from the developers I would get all 3 versions when they are available, but unfortunately I had already preordered the game somewhere else.

So how does it work ?

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Preordering on retail websites such as steam / direct2drive

Postby eddybox » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:25 am

Hi bloodhenry,

Well, we're shooting to have the Mac version ready in a few months, and the linux version will only come after that, so there's a bit of a wait either way.

As far as I know, Steam is PC only, so for now there are no plans to release those versions on their service. I've seen Mac games for download on D2D, so Osmos for Mac should be available from them when it's ready; but I believe they treat the different versions as separate products, which require separate purchases.

Unfortunately, we don't call the shots over there, and can only make this offer to people who purchase directly from our site. (Since that's the only client/billing information we have access to.)

Good question though, and I suspect you won't be the last to ask it -- we're going to add some of this info to the FAQ.

Thanks,
Eddy

bloodyhenry

Re: Preordering on retail websites such as steam / direct2drive

Postby bloodyhenry » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Sad news !

It's a pity I bought the game from D2D...

I think i'm gonna buy another copy from your website and offer the D2D version to a friend ! Sounds like a good idea.

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”