Very nice!!!

A good place for general questions and comments...
udm

Very nice!!!

Postby udm » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:02 am

I just gave Osmos a try. Despite what I'd initially thought ("meh, just another indie game that seems to be all media hype"), after trying out the demo, I can see what the praise is all about! Now normally, I disagree with the IGF judges on a lot of choices made. For example, there were a few games that I didn't think were that good in this year and previous year's winners' lists. So, imagine my surprise when I tried Osmos! Although you guys didn't get the Grand Seamus McNally prize, GameTunnel opted for Osmos as their Grand winner

And although I also don't like Gametunnel's POV on the indie scene in general, I have to say I fully agree with them this time round! Osmos is wonderful! It reminds me somewhat of Asteroids, mixed in with a very unique concept and setting. The game's hypnotic and mesmerizing, thanks to the soothing soundtrack. Good job you guys! I thought I'd just spend some time before going to sleep, trying out the Osmos demo - and in the end, I was so disappointed that the demo ended. Once again, fantastic job, I think you guys really did something outstanding here with a simple game

(though truthfully, the game wouldn't have been as awesome if the levels aren't that big - so good job to whoever had the foresight to design big, epic looking arenas)

One question though: will there be multiplayer? That's really the first thing that struck me once I completed the demo - a simple concept, yet multiplayer would be so awesome, just like in the days of Doom deathmatching

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Very nice!!!

Postby eddybox » Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks a lot udm -- great to hear!

As for multiplayer, I totally agree, but I don't think we'll be able to get it in for the PC release. (Too many architectural changes required.) But, as I've mentioned elsewhere, we have to leave something cool for a console version someday! ;-)

Cheers.

blahblahblah

Postby blahblahblah » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Say, I hope you're taking the time until August (your current release date) to implement multiplayer! This is a great "little party game," you know...it's great as it is, of course, but since you've delayed your "early 2009" release date in order to make things extra special, why not add multiplayer...or, okay, how about as a "patch" later on for us PC folks?? Assuming you'd release Osmos for $20 (seems to be the usual price for indie casual games), I'd pay another $10 or $15 just to get the multiplayer functionality!!

Just a thought.... ;) Keep up the great work!!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:21 pm

thanks blahblahblah,

it's true, we're taking some more time, but multiplayer would require *even more*. as you say, hopefully in a later patch, or on console at some point...
hopefully you'll like what we've done in the time we've had though! :)

cheers,
eddy

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”