Android Version

A good place for general questions and comments...
Martoon

Re: Android Version

Postby Martoon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am

Meal Worms wrote:... but let's just say there's been forward progress :D

You tease, you!

liamdawe

Postby liamdawe » Thu May 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Any update on this?

Glowbeard

Postby Glowbeard » Mon May 23, 2011 3:04 pm

You know what grinds me?

This:

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result

Surely this is a blatant copy. I remember buying the PC version years ago, now that I have a tablet I thought I'd see if I can find an Android version. And up pops THIS monstrosity. Its not even a good copy.

Rest assured oh dear Hemisphere games. When you guys do release an Android port you'll definitely have my money.

Just for your stats: I'm on a Galaxy Tab 10.1v (Android 3.0). I posted this from it :-)

willhughes

Postby willhughes » Wed May 25, 2011 4:36 am

I'll add my voice to the "please please please" for Android 3.0 / tablet support.

The game requires multitouch, which isn't really an issue if you target tablets.

I saw Osmos on a friend's iPad ages back,and now I have my Android tablet I was really looking forward to getting Osmos. To say I was a little sad that it wasn't available is an understatement.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks for the posts all.

@Glowbeard: heh -- believe me, this kind of thing grinds us too.

Nothing to announce on the Android front *quite* yet... soon though. Good things come to those who wait; you won't be disappointed :D

Dave

antman

Postby antman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:58 am

Hi Dave,

I've been reading the various posts and blog entries around Hemisphere about the port to Android... any updates yet?

I first came across Osmos in the Humble Bundle last year and immediately bought the iOS version as well. I love this game. My Asus Transformer is arriving tomorrow (Android 3) yet I was disappointed to find there's no (legitimate) Android version yet in the various market places.

I'm keen to be a tester if you want one. I'll even pay! :)

Thanks,
Antman.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 am

Hi antman,

Thanks for your post! We'll happily keep you mind as an Android tester. Sadly nothing to report since my previous post at the end of May... but we're getting closer, and hope to have something to announce soon ;-) Let's just say... Android ain't an easy platform to develop for. ;-)

Glad to hear you've been enjoying the game!

Stay tuned,
Dave

osmartin

Postby osmartin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 am

Ok August was sometime ago, and Christmas is coming/almost here. Ice Cream Sandwich is in release and Android continues to eclipse ios. Ignore Android at your peril for someone will create an alternative in its place. You could redeem yourself with an Android-first improved version?

Update: Found a link to android market but no Osmos to be found, I hope you haven't forgotten to make it available for all markets?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey osmartin,

Thanks for your post. Rest assured that Osmos on Android is right around the corner! We've got a few projects on the go, but Osmos on Android will likely be the first to ship. More soon... ;-)

Cheers,
Dave

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”