Windows Phone Version

A good place for general questions and comments...
Djuhba

Windows Phone Version

Postby Djuhba » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 am

Hey there!

I played the Osmos demo on my PC and I am absolutely fascinated by the game!

Is there a version for Windows Phone 7 going to be released? Would love to play Osmos wjile I'm in the train which is for hours an week. Thanks in advance for replies.

Djuhba

Meal Worms

Re: Windows Phone Version

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:02 am

Hey Djuhba,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Osmos! We have not yet brought the game to Windows Phone 7. Thing is, we'd need to port everything over to XNA to run on the platform, and so it's not quite clear that the market is there yet to justify the cost of the port. The platform is on our radar though -- we'll definitely be watching to see if it takes off.

Happy Osmoting,
Dave

Loren

Postby Loren » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 pm

If you are going to do a port to XNA then would it be possible to have Osmos on the Xbox 360 as a side-affect of the port? I would enjoy showing off Osmos on Windows Phone 7 around work, and my kids would enjoy having it on the Xbox 360 :)

-- Loren

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Verrrry good point, Loren! Thanks. :)

vhhughes

Postby vhhughes » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 pm

So in shopping for apps for our WP7's today, I came across a knock-off version of Osmos called "Cell". (http://wpcentral.com/cell-review) Very similar in many ways, but nothing near as polished as Osmos in all its variants. It made me sad, once again, to realize that Osmos isn't available on WP7 yet. I, for one, am begging to buy the real thing!

... and not available in the Xbox 360 Indie games marketplace either, where it could make a killing. As of the beginning of last year (pre-Kinect), there were 30 million Xbox Live subscribers (who can easily find & purchase Indie games). By now, it may be close to as many as there are iPhones in the wild. (50 million) It's all the same dev plaform: XNA!

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”