Osmos coming to BlackBerry Playbook?

A good place for general questions and comments...
kuya

Osmos coming to BlackBerry Playbook?

Postby kuya » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Any plans for porting this game for the BlackBerry Playbook and the upcoming QNX phones? Would love this game on BlackBerry devices!

Meal Worms

Re: Osmos coming to BlackBerry Playbook?

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:33 am

Hey kuya,

Thanks for your post. We considered Osmos for the Playbook, but to be honest it's hard to make the case for it, given that Playbook sales were modest, and that it oddly straddles the business marked and the media-consumer market. In other words, many folks who picked up the device for work-related reasons are likely not as interested in games, in which case the cost of porting the game is hard to jusitfy.

Sounds like you're a Blackberry user kuya? I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on the Playbook, what your experience has been, what prompted you to get one, etc?

Cheers,
Dave

kuya

Postby kuya » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:56 am

Meal Worms wrote:Hey kuya,

Thanks for your post. We considered Osmos for the Playbook, but to be honest it's hard to make the case for it, given that Playbook sales were modest, and that it oddly straddles the business marked and the media-consumer market. In other words, many folks who picked up the device for work-related reasons are likely not as interested in games, in which case the cost of porting the game is hard to jusitfy.

Sounds like you're a Blackberry user kuya? I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on the Playbook, what your experience has been, what prompted you to get one, etc?

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that reply. I should have turned post notifications on, so I apologize for not seeing this sooner. To answer your questions, I'm a BB user, and I got a Playbook because it pairs well with the BB, and its unique UI. I also use it to play quick little games when I'm on the TTC, or when I'm waiting around. I have it on me all the time because its portable. The experience has been great, great hardware, multitasking, fluid and all. The only downside initially was the lack of apps. That is being addressed, and we're seeing more quality stuff. I know a lot of other users like myself are willing to pay for quality stuff, so I think Osmos would do well in the App World. I've seen a couple posts on the Crackberry forums where other members have reached out to you guys to bring Osmos over. I'm not sure if you've decided to bring it over since then, but since BB10 will be launching soon, I think it'd be a great time to port over a version. My PB is full of games that I've purchased, and I'm sure there are others out there as well. So hopefully we can see some Playbook BB10 love from you guys!

SeanuWPG

Postby SeanuWPG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 am

Meal Worms wrote:Hey kuya,

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you guys explored porting the android version of Osmos to the playbook given the introduction of Playbook OS 2.0 and RIM's support for developers wishing to do so? It would be awesome to have a quality ambient game like Osmos on the Playbook. It may not be a tablet which gamers go for but even so Osmos is a great game to just pick up and play quickly to kill some time, which even the business users would go for.

Would love to hear the Osmos soundtrack on the Playbooks great speakers too :p

At the very least I hope we get to see Osmos on BB 10 in the future! Love the game!

suman

Postby suman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 am

First let me say that I love this game! Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.
If there were ever an Osmos 2 these would be the features I'd most look forward to.
1) A level editor, and simple means of sharing custom creations with others.
2) A continuous version of the impasse level (not that I don't like the other formats, impasse seems best suited for a never ending mode).
3) Faster time compression and better means of control. I'm very methodical and deliberate in my actions and waiting for the results sometimes means doing nothing more than waiting for minutes (even at the highest time compression setting)

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”