Antimatter with negative momentum

A good place for general questions and comments...
nuxas

Antimatter with negative momentum

Postby nuxas » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:17 am

I've noticed that antimatter has negative mass but still positive momentum.

I'm not suggesting changing the antimatter levels since that would probably not be good for the game but perhaps a hidden setting or easter egg where one would find this type of level.

So the effect of negative momentum would be that absorbed antimatter would add momentum in the opposite direction as with regular orbs.

Example, catching up with antimatter would reduce your speed or eventually push you in the opposite direction.

on the other hand if a antimatter is colliding with you and it is going in your direction then it would cause you to move faster into the antimatter which would be very dangerous.

Another effect of this would be that you could no longer push away antimatter by firing at them since the matter momentum would have negative effect on the antimatter and thus pull them towards you.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Antimatter with negative momentum

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 am

Interesting suggestion nuxas! Indeed I always felt the way we handle momentum transfer between antimatter and matter to be rather arbitrary. (Who knows how this should "really" work?) I might experiment with this a see how it feels. (Though as you say, it may make antimatter impasse levels significantly harder!)

Thanks!
Eddy

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”