Osmos demo, comments and suggestions

Feedback and support for the "alpha" demo.
eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Osmos demo, comments and suggestions

Postby eddybox » Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 am

Hi everyone,

As always, thanks for the great feedback & support. We're still hard at work on the game and getting closer to a "finished product". We hope to have a pre-order/closed-beta in a month or two. :)

iPhone: we get a lot of requests for this! Once the PC and Mac versions are out, we'll hop on it!

@npast: we're experimenting with some flow-field stuff. Not sure if it's good enough for "prime-time" yet, but we may include a level or two along these lines.

@thomasdev: I totally hear your warning about taking too many suggestions, and I fully agree. Osmos has a minimalist/zen aesthetic and design, and it's important to us to keep it that way. That said, great suggestions! Agreed on the camera-lag -- haven't had a chance yet, but I'd like to experiment with this. For time-warping, we've increased the minimum time-warp so it doesn't slow the game down as much -- it never needs to be *that* slow. So that helps. Regarding the control scheme, I like what you're suggesting -- for experienced players. However I think it's simpler for new players to treat it like a switch. I'll mull that over some more though. Thanks!

Cheers,
Eddy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 am

One more thing. I looked into getting Osmos supported by Xfire, but it's based on their users' feedback.

Hellspawncandy -- and anyone else out there who'd like to see Osmos on Xfire -- please create/add to a thread on the Xfire forums with a request for Osmos. (at http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?nam ... wforum&f=3)

Thanks!

Ghost Head

Postby Ghost Head » Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 am

I liked it. The level with the Scaredy and the one with the sun were the best. It's good to hear that you can absorb the sun if you're tenacious enough. I don't really have many complaints. I think that the default view should be zoomed out a little. It's not that big of a deal but zoomed out is much handier at the start of a level when you want to see where things are clustering around the map. Also, the player orb looks nice but perhaps the patterns inside could change a little when it grows in size. Make it look a little more energetic. Right now it looks kind of flat.

Good work though. Awaiting the full game.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Wed May 13, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks for the feedback Ghost Head, and agreed on both counts. Done and done. You'll have to wait for the beta to see them though... ;-)

Korgan

Postby Korgan » Sun May 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Greetings.

I just got through the demo. I'm not really sure how to put it, other than I craved more when I got to the end and that it was thoroughly enjoyable.

The only suggestion I really have is, as Ghost Head says, to make it more energetic. It was great, but a little bit too slow.

I am really looking forward to the full version of this.

cyvaris

Postby cyvaris » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:54 am

Just got to say i love this game.

So who will be allowed to play in the closed beta members here?
this is great definetly one of my favorite games.

BKing

Postby BKing » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Discovered Osmos several days ago. Love the demo! I've emailed the demo link to 8 to 10 of my friends and co-workers to try.

Love the fact it is goal-oriented rather than score-oriented.

As the game approaches Beta, and ultimately Release, please keep in mind that many people play games not only for the challenge, but also for pleasure. A game that ramps too rapidly loses it pleasure rapidly.

Ideally, I would love to see settings/controls that allow the player to custom the game to the style of play they want. From "EasyEasy" to "Geez!How?", allowing the player to control strength and number of obstacles goes along ways to extended playability.

Thanks for the great demo! Can't wait to see the Beta and the Release!

PS: Dibs on being a Beta Tester :-)

Sheridan

Postby Sheridan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm

The demo is magnificient! Hope to see more ambient music in the final release.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Hey Sheridan,

So glad you dig the game!

There's lots of great ambient music that's made its way into the final game. Stay tuned... ;)

Dave

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:18 pm

By the way, if you're wondering why this forum is now locked, it's because the "alpha" demo is about to become obsolete. New version coming your way in about a week! :)

So head on over to the new thread to post about the "new" demo:
viewforum.php?f=7

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “Osmos Alpha Demo”