Osmos Demo Feedback

Feedback and support for the Osmos demo.
rjejr

Re: Osmos Demo Feedback

Postby rjejr » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:00 pm

OK. Thanks. To overcome this one player "limitation?" in the demo I changed C:/My documents/OsmosDemo/Osmos.sta to Osmos.staOLD and restarted the game and it started as new and created a new osmos.sta file. I then did it again to make sure I wasn't imaginging things and removed the "OLD" and renamed staNEW. Will this "work-around" work for the whole game or is osmos.sta hiddenaway/locked or something? thanks again

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:52 am

Hi rjejr -- swapping the Osmos.sta file in and out for each child should work just fine!

Enjoy,
Dave

moktoman

Postby moktoman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:37 pm

I tried the Osmos demo, and at first it seemed too simple a concept to be any fun for very long.
But after a few levels, I started to get hooked, and I discovered that the gameplay is a lot deeper than I first realized.

Very nicely done!

Grappa

Postby Grappa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 am

Try Osmos, its cool. Add please time scrolling forward button. It's realy boring when nobody is near you.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Glad you like the game Grappa!

Time speedup is indeed possible! You can accelerate time with Ctrl+RightClick or by holding down Ctrl while spinning the mousewheel. Note that the Osmos demo does not contain the levels where the player is introduced to these controls -- but they're still there.

Enjoy,
Dave

andrem

Postby andrem » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 pm

A visually attractive game - a very pretty time-waster.

I would buy it for only one reason: to support its development and availability as well as the general development of games for Linux.

The "game" works best in a full-size window in Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.
When using it in "full Screen" it becomes a resource hog which does not let go on termination. Stopping it via the System Monitor finally kills it.

I am offering these comments sincerely to assist in further development.

Return to “Osmos Demo”