Osmos Demo Feedback

Feedback and support for the Osmos demo.
chris

Re: Osmos Demo Feedback

Postby chris » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 am

Just got through playing the demo, and went straight to pre-order. Great work. Can't wait!

8-)

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 am

Same - as soon as I saw the option to buy on the site it was clicked.

I think it's a remarkably low price - but I understand you want the maximum enjoyment from the game for all your hard work - and it's an ethos I agree with and appreciate!

The demo is more polished and just makes me want to get the real thing. I've just got another game (Trine) and it's fantastic - keeping my girlfriend and I busy - but Tuesday simply isn't coming soon enough for Osmos!!

Cheers guys
Mark

bloodyhenry

Postby bloodyhenry » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:16 pm

I've just finished the demo, and woaw, what an awesome game ! The gameplay is just perfect.

The soundtrack is of great quality too ! I preordered the game yesterday, and i absolutely don't regret it :D

Great work guy(s) !

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey all,

That's fab news, gang -- so glad to hear you've enjoyed the demo and are looking forward to the full game! I can assure you that it won't disappoint :D

Thanks for your support, and please spread the good word about Osmos!

Dave

Wilba

Postby Wilba » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi,

I just finished the new demo... I like the improvements since the alpha demo... orbit preview is awesome and was on my wish-list. The game itself is so incredibly well-polished and has a "classic" gameplay that appeals to me. Very, very cool.

My only criticism is with the soundtrack changing pitch. The soundtrack changing speed/pitch when speeding up and slowing down time is a cool effect, and I really liked how that was done in Braid, where speeding up/slowing down and even reversing time was an integral part of the game, but in Osmos I find it a bit annoying and distracting... I really love the music so much, I don't like it changing on me. Maybe I'm being a bit fussy and the way it works now will grown on me ;)

majorman

Postby majorman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't find that annoying myself, but I could see how other could. Maybe just add in an option to have music speed change or not? I'm not sure how hard it is to add in something like that, but maybe in a future release?

Also, I was wondering if the game was going to be released at 12am on Tuesday. Need to know if I should be staying up or not ;)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Two excellent questions:

1. What time will we release the game on the 18th? I'd love to release it at midnight, but then we'd need to monitor it all night in case any technical or billing support is required. (We don't have support staff -- and do hope to sleep that night. ;-) So... we're shooting for Tuesday morning.

2. Time-warp affecting music. I've asked myself that same question a few times, and have tried disabling it in tests; but I find that I prefer it with the effect. That said, having an option to disable it is a great idea! We'll put that on our todo list for the first update.

Thanks!
Eddy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:37 am

Oh, and btw that's Tuesday morning PST (pacific standard time)
:)

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Am I right that Tuesday morning PST would be about 6 PM UK time (GMT) ? If so fab - we shut shop at 5:30 and I plan to be Osming (Osmosing? Ossing? Osmosed?) the second it's ready!

I also had the same thoughts about the music - especially as for some of the levels I expect we'll spend plenty of time in sped-up mode just chilling! But ... without it would feel quite 'flat' - so an option for this sounds great!

Also - would there be any benefit of adding additional graphics options to control quality and speed? As I mentioned by e-mail this works surprisingly well on my fairly basic Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop - but the extra ability to adjust settings could be helpful - possibly.

And I still want to know - CAN you 'eat' the central mote in S-2 (or is it F-2? The revolving force level ...). I think the answer's no, as I've become extremely large, but if you tell me otherwise I will willingly obey and try again!

Cheers
Mark

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Mark,

Regarding graphics, take a look at the "visual options" page in the game menu. You can play with quality settings there, along HUD toggling, orbit visualization, etc.

As for absorbing the central Attractor (in F1-1), it's theoretically possiblem, though I've never done it myself. One patient player reported that he successfully did this in the "alpha" demo, but in that version motes bounced off the circular walls, in this version they are absorbed. I'd be curious to know if anyone manages this feat! :)

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “Osmos Demo”