Osmos Feedback

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Minus

Re: Osmos Feedback

Postby Minus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 am

Hey guys,

This is the best independent game I've played on Steam since Mayhem Intergalactic. Thank you so much for sharing your work!

I don't think the game is too hard. I view all the time I spend trying to complete it as valuable. What if player-created/shared levels and challenges were introduced? They could be as easy or difficult as the creator wants. For me personally, if a game comes with a level creator/editor, that probably quadruples my time spent with the game, and therefore quadruples my time recommending it to friends... Is there any chance in the future that we'll see one?

MIG, the game I mentioned above, functions completely with Notepad-made levels and the player-created content is on par with the default maps. Community support is always great for an indy game!

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks for your feedback, gang, and for all the warm comments! You can be sure that level editing and multiplayer are on our list of hot features that we'd like to see added to Osmos. Stay tuned... :D

Happy Osmoting!
Dave

bluemanontelly

Postby bluemanontelly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:40 pm

i'm almost finished, just one section left to do. it's a great game that i'm really enjoying, plus it looks and sounds fantastic so is also a pleasurable way to relax in the evening. Just a few suggestions:
1. the music is a important part of the atmosphere in the game, but it would be even better if it was in some way interactive with game game. So for example, as your size changes subtle changes in the music occur
2. i don't think the 80s style white noise sound on being "terminated" fits with the rest of the audio. Something more ethereal, refelecting the fact that your life force has just been sucked out of existence would fit better.

thanks a lot, looking forward to the level editor and multiplayer features. And maybe video replays? (already talked about these in another thread)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 am

Hi bluemanontelly,

Thanks for the great feedback. To answer your suggestions:

1. In most cases we have the complete music track in one file, but in a couple of cases we had individual "voices" and actually experimented with this a bit. Play the Warped Chaos levels again and let us know what you think. The Epicycle levels play with the music procedurally as well.
2. You're not the only one. We may replace that death sound. First step: find a replacement.

Cheers,
Eddy

Swift

Postby Swift » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 am

Amazing Game. Pretty much all I can say.

scurvy

Postby scurvy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:48 am

Having cleared everything except FA and FC, I can say it's been a blast. Not frustrating at all like some have said. Every time I play through I learn something that helps me improve the next attempt. If I could ask for just one thing, it would be a screensaver mode, so I could watch all the gorgeous visuals without having to touch a control. I think some of the S levels would work without a player just fine.

If I could ask for two things, I would like changing backgrounds. There's nothing wrong with the deep blue. I just like variety

The above suggestions are in no way complaints. My hat is off to all of you for your work on Osmos

raina

Postby raina » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am

Just bought, installed and played a little and I'm liking it very much so far. I bought Osmos directly from Hemisphere in hopes of eventually being able to play it on Mac and perhaps Linux as well. This is how multi-platform software should be sold and this kind of business model should be encouraged. Giving the user freedom in choosing their OS(es) is a great selling argument.

rancherdan

Postby rancherdan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:12 am

My son and I really love this Osmos. Thanks so much for all the thought, care and work you guys put into it. :D

/grovelmode=off

my wish list:

Lose the 'click-mote menu-hell' feature. Sorry, but I really hate it. I'd like to see a YouTube video of how you guys are able to play without triggering the menu a few times per minute.

An iPhone version.

I'd like to be able to pause the game, see a projection of all elements' trajectories, and to speculatively try different vector changes and see their result without actually ejecting real mass (unless I want to). Being able to set up and automatically execute a sequence of vector changes would be very cool.

An 'oops' key that undoes the last x seconds of play.

A rocket ship/solar system type scenario where you're trying to launch a mote and have it impact another using Hohmann transfers and gravity slingshots.

jhead

Postby jhead » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:23 am

a co-op mode would be great.
so i could play it with my girlfriend.
the friendly balls should to push off, if they hit.
and in the end they combine togehter :mrgreen:

a versus mode would be funny too.

csb

Feedback Move text

Postby csb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 am

Is it possible to move the "LEVEL COMPLETE" and accompanying text so they don't appear in the square field? Ie, move text to bottom/top of screen.

Perhaps starting the next level could be better done by adding a small button to clickon - this will make the spacebar message unnecessary.

You have made it possible to play on after completing the specified parameter, which I sometimes do, but the text over the field is annoying.

A great game, leisurely and pleasant, thanks.

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”