Osmos Feedback

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Ketobor

Re: Osmos Feedback

Postby Ketobor » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I really didn't find the game too hard, quite the opposite in fact.

I would greatly appreciate some form of level editor for after every map has been completed. The infinite ones are nice, but fairly repetitive. I would be most interested in seeing a map that incorporated aspects from all three sections, to make a more interesting experience, perhaps a set of ecosystems orbiting a massive attractor with a ring of antimatter in the middle, or just an extremely chaotic mix of all three.

Dr Pepper

Postby Dr Pepper » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

I picked up the Steam version during the holidays and thought it was brilliant. I was very, very impressed by how well polished the game is. It ran flawlessly on both my desktop and laptop, and played superbly. The mechanics of motion and matter transfer were very intuitive and great fun to play with.

I've read a lot about the music but it was the elegance of the graphics that really engaged me. I found the internal activity within each mote fascinating to watch with plenty of little details to admire (especially on a 24" screen). Screenshots don't do Osmos justice at all. I thought the game's difficulty was well pitched, and any frustrations were caused by my own clumsiness :lol:. I finished it just before the update, so I can't comment on the revised difficulty level.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 am

Hey folks,

Thanks all for the great feedback -- we're thrilled that so may people are enjoying the game!

Dave

Danniet

Postby Danniet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:28 am

Last night I spend around 3 hours playing this marvellous game. It is gorgeous and yet a very simple concept. I hope lots of expansions will follow. A level editor combined with somesort of a online sharing system with userratings will be a great addition. And that $10 dollar is really a joke, isn't it? BTW, where can I download some beautiful promotional wallpapers including a gamename to promote this great game at home/work/university? Keep up the good work. I hope to see lots of expansions comming.

spillblood

Postby spillblood » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 am

Man, I think this is one of the best physics based games. There aren't many other games which simulate gravity to this extent. Would be cool if you would use this physics engine to make a sophisticated 2D-space game. You can also make sequels to Osmos, but it would be cool if you could use this engine in this way. Would be cool if there would be a 2d space game with realistic gravity and newtonian physics. And you should be able to control your movement using different thusters on your ship. But anyway, Osmos is a great game! Especially the Zen Attractor and Warped Chaos Levels. I haven't seen things like that in other games so far.

OrbMech

Re: iPhone App

Postby OrbMech » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm anxious to experience the iPhone interface- if the good folks of Hemisphere manage to create an intuitive interface that offers precision inputs approaching what can be learned on a Mac, it will be a truly phenomenal app. I'm sure it's very late for such a suggestion as this, but I think that an interface along the lines of LogMeIn Ignition (always-centered cursor) might offer the best experience. Precision is key, and I find that mode of iPhone point-and-click to be the most rapid and precise by far.

I would also love to see the iPhone's volume buttons brought into play. We don't set volume nearly as often playing Osmos as we manipulate zoom and time- It would be very nice if these buttons were available as playing controls.

Whatever the interface developed, I can't wait for the Osmos iPhone app, and wish Hemisphere great success with it.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:08 am

Thanks for the great comments all -- really encouraging to hear that people are enjoying the game!

@OrbMech: Interesting thought using the volume buttons for controls, but there might a couple of 'snags' in how that'd work out in practice (for example, you'd be challenging the users expectation that volume buttons are always understood to affect volume). Anyway -- the iPhone version of Osmos is coming along swimingly, and should be out in the wild in a few weeks! More on that soon... :D

@spillblood: No doubt that spaceflight mechanics were a huge influence on the Osmos gameplay, especially for the 'Epicycle' levels (have you tried those out yet? ;) )

@Danniet: I'm afraid we don't have any wallpapers available for download. That said, you can take screenshots at any time by pressing F10 (they're saved out to the Osmos/Screenshots folder in your user directory).

Dave

waltercool

Postby waltercool » Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Great game Hemispheregames!

Works perfectly on Ubuntu 10.04!

Videocard: Intel GMA445GME
Processor: Intel Atom 1.6GHz
Ram: 2Gb Ram
Audio Card: Intel HD

Please, try recommending Linux clients for others Indie developers. Developing Linux games seems a big market, and OpenGL + OpenAL and/or OpenCL implementation will work on OSX + Windows + Linux

Thanks.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon May 03, 2010 4:33 am

Thanks for your support, waltercool -- glad to hear everything is smooth for you!

We're with you: we hope the Linux version of Osmos will be successful enough that we can continue to port our games to Linux! Time will tell... ;-)

Enjoy the game,
Dave

storma

Postby storma » Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 am

Just have to say that I'm thoroughly loving this game of yours. :) It is indeed a pleasant change of pace from the normal styled games.

Top marks for the Linux client as well. :D

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”