Osmos Feedback

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Meal Worms

Re: Osmos Feedback

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:47 am

Hi Kaiserchen,

Don’t worry about finding some of the levels in Osmos a challenge. They’re not meant to be fast experiences. Some of the levels take thought to finish. There’s no real rush to complete the game. Go back to levels that you’ve enjoyed and play a few random variants, chilling out and enjoying the zen. Osmos is a game that rewards chilling, getting into the groove, and really just contemplating

Some of the levels are hard. Levels such as F3C-3 and S3-3 appear at the very end of the game — they’re literally the final levels of the core game. They’re like end-of-game boss battles. They’re meant to be challenging, and not really beatable until a player has worked up a few skills and learned the ins and outs of the gameplay.

Don’t forget about engaging the time slowdown when you’re having trouble. It’s there as a sort of ‘difficulty knob’ where a player can dial in the desired level of challenge. Don’t be afraid to slow things down a bit against the Ferax and take him at a more reasonable pace. He’s an end-of-game character too — he’s the big bad sentient boss! With a game like Osmos, we want to have a variety of levels that will satisfy players with a variety of skill levels, because some players were reporting they found the Ferax way too easy! (They’re crazy, I know — he’s hard!)

And if you’re really not digging some of the harder faster levels, then head on over to the Ambient zones to soak up the chill, laid-back atmosphere. Make Osmos an experience that you can enjoy on your own terms by playing random variants of the levels and gameplay types you like to play.

Also, have you seen the resent video tutorial on the Hemisphere Games blog?

Cheers,
Dave

Kaiserchen

Postby Kaiserchen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 am

Those cheaterlines would help pretty much they arent there even if i turn them on in the menu.
And its stilll so incredible frustrating.

nicko68

Postby nicko68 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:58 pm

As someone who mainly runs Linux on my computers, thanks so much for a Linux port. I hope this dispels the myth that Linux users won't pay for software. :) I actually also appreciate the model of getting all platforms for one price, since that means I can run Osmos on my work (Windows) PC. :)

BTW, I first saw the game on my co-worker's iPad, and when I saw it was available for the PC, I had to have it. If it were avilable for Android, I would have gotten it for that platform as well. :)

Thanks
Nick

spacepeoples

Postby spacepeoples » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:27 am

chiba

Postby chiba » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Greetings. I was first introduced to Osmos on my brother's iPad and immediately fell in love with it. I love the meditative quality to the game and the multi-touch controls. I bought it for myself on Mac (no iPad). It's still great but I do miss the multi-touch & gesture controls. Would it be possible to add support for multi-touch capable tablets (Wacom Bamboo, et al.) so the control experience is the same as on the iPad?
Regards.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:22 am

Hi chiba,

Thanks for your post -- glad to hear you're enjoying the game! Interested to hear that Wacom now has multitouch tablets -- didn't release they existed! ;-) There currently aren't plans to support such tablets on the PC/OSX/Linux versions of Osmos, although I should point out that the version of Osmos we distribute on 'Games for Windows -- LIVE' has touchscreen support for PCs running Windows 7.

Happy Osmoting,
Dave

Atom

Postby Atom » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:39 am

Osmos is one of the best game I have played in my life. It is true that the concept of bigger blobs eating smaller blobs isn't new, but your realization of it is brilliant. Physics, graphics, sound, performance - I just can't imagine it better. And the level composition - no fillers and the concept of forever levels... The only thing I don't like is that I can't alt-tab while fullscreen, so I play in maximized window. I am very thankful to you, guys, for releasing such a good game for only 10$. $ isn't cheap in my country so it is a big deal for me.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:55 am

Thanks for the great feedback Atom; so glad to hear you've been enjoying the game!

I'm puzzled about Alt+Tab not working for you in fullscreen... it should! Oh computers. ;-)

Happy Osmoting!
Dave

blackpaw

Postby blackpaw » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi guys, like Atom I just love all the aspects of the game, but the music and physics are what seal the deal for me, that and the Linux version and Ubuntu .debs - thankyou so much! recommending to all my friends.

Additionally I installed on my media center (mythbuntu box) so I can play it on the 42" plasma with a proper surround sound amp - awesome! Plus I have my wii controller working with it - an excellent controller for Osmos. Just relax on the couch and zone out.

leo2501

Postby leo2501 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:24 am

Well i just recently buyed it... and i think is the first game i bought in my life without having playing it, lol, im at work now and i think i will click the download link in my mailbox even before i get to wash my hands or pee, lol... i have a compaq netbook, so i think it will run on it :)

keep up the good work! i can't wait to play it at home! :D

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”