Osmos Feedback

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Meal Worms

Re: Osmos Feedback

Postby Meal Worms » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:18 am

Hey Floating.Point -- thanks for your comments, great stuff. I'm curious: have you tried Osmos multiplayer on iOS yet (iPad/iPhone/iPodTouch)?

Dave

Floating.Point

Postby Floating.Point » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 am

Yes, it is amazing!
I find that despite Osmos being a surreal and oftentimes quite relaxing experience... the multiplayer can become very exciting and really raises the heartbeat!
Those mad final dashes followed by bursts of laughter as the adrenalin is released, awesome!
Where the game excels in multiplayer is that it really doesn't even matter if you win or lose, it is still so enjoyable! The handicap system is really nice! I've had some truly epic sessions with complete strangers adjusting handicap as we go along!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 am

Yay, glad to hear it Floating.Point! Also cool that you're using the handicap system. We use it most of the time internally to keep things fun and exciting for everyone, and it's nice to hear others are doing the same. :)

wolf_skill

Postby wolf_skill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm a small game creator myself, and in my work I look at other indie games, trying to find small things to inspire me.
None so far have inspired me more than Osmos and its calm, steady pace and the ambience of some form of still life you can sense in the other motes.

The UI is simple, intuitive, and to the point (just press this button for that, no sliders or numbers). The gameplay is smoothe, and only requires a simple PC,
so it won't hurt your RAM one bit, the gameplay makes me cautiously wade through other "Cell-like, still beings" and makes me think hard (how to plot my course through danger). Once i am large enough.....CONSUME EVERYTHING!

Another thing, I enjoyed the customer support, I accidentally paid twice for this game, so I disputed that payment with paypal.... I woke upthis morning... and you guys had it all taken care of me, thank you all so much.

Overall: Osmos is a refreshing Indie game with many different strategic ways to plot your course through the world, the customer support is amazing, this game is better than i've ever made :(, and I give this game a 5/5 for innovation, 5/5 for originality, and 4/5 for gameplay and UI.
Thanks guys.
Keep making such awesome games.
Wolf.

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”