Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
eddybox
Site Admin

Osmos Support

Postby eddybox » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:48 am

Did Osmos blow up your computer?
No sound?
Horrible frame rates?

Check the FAQ at http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-pcos-xlinux/, and search around these forums for starters. But if you don't find the answer you're looking for, fire away!

Thanks,
Eddy

kajaco2

Re: Osmos Support

Postby kajaco2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 am

Same issues as here http://www.hemispheregames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127#p477. I'm
emailing the Documents\Osmos\Osmos.sta to the address provided before.

Ordonator

Postby Ordonator » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am

Hehe, I guess I should have went with the Steam version. You guys weren't kidding when you said the eJunkie download was slow. Takes me back to the days when games came on floppy disks. I took 40 minutes to install them, too. :lol: I guess I should be grateful; if you had told me back then that I would normally be able to download 20MBs or so in a few seconds I might have had you burned at the stake.

Anyhow, I'm sure it'll be great once it gets it here. Thanks for all the hard work!

Meta

Postby Meta » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am

For everybody's information, I'm currently downloading the full version on e-junkie from France and I got a download rate of ~30-40 ko/s. It's alright.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks Meta. Yeah, I finally got through to tech-support at E-Junkie, and it looks like our download speeds are better now! (70-100 kb/s)

nelson

Postby nelson » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Hey,

I've bought Osmos via Steam, but I have a problem. When I would start to install it, it keeps me disconnecting from Steam during the "creating local cache" part, with "Steam ticked expired", leaving just an empty Osmos directory in Steamapps. Always.
Never happened with other games on Steam.

I tried to log back, restart the computer, restart Steam, but it keeps working unintended. Any idea what should I do?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi Nelson,

Looks like a problem with the Steam client installation process. I don't know how to help you with this one. Please try pinging the guys over at Steam support.

Thanks,
Eddy

plato

Fullscreen mode is flickering like crazy :(

Postby plato » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 am

Osmos is running fine on my laptop but sucking in fullscreen with a nasty flicker.

The native resolution / refresh rate of the laptop monitor is 1920 x 1200 (60Hz) using a Geforce 9800M chipset, latest Forceware drivers.

The vsync option makes no difference to the flicker.

Opening a fullscreen window allows the game to run fine, but obviously with the window borders.

It's as if the game is trying to run with a non-60Hz refresh rate in fullscreen mode @ 1920 x 1200.

(Game runs fine on my desktop rig, only major difference between the 2 machines is that the desktop monitor supports variable refresh rates. The laptop is locked at a constant 60Hz - as many laptop LCDs are)

Please fix this and put an update out on steam!

yurivish

Postby yurivish » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:01 am

Eek.

I spent 5 hours or so working through multiple problems getting Windows up on my Mac so that I could play Osmos. I ended up going to sleep, finishing in the morning, just now. :-)

But alas! "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Are there any known bugs with Boot Camp on macintoshes?

(needless to say I've restarted the application, as well as reinstalled it. I've not been able to find any error logfiles, but if you can point me to the location I can tell you what's in it.)

Edit: And if I run it from Console, it says The system cannot execute the specified program. Perhaps I should try redownloading.. *tries* Nope, same error.

Edit: Aha, I may need visual c++ 2005 runtime libraries. [update: that seems to have done the trick. no error, at least.. about to see how it works! (it does!))

bamboo

Postby bamboo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 am

I am having issue with Osmos. I download the demo from steam and I really like it so I bought the full version. Right now, the game runs fine but it will interrupt me with a message saying there is a update version of Osmos and asking if I want to download. And behind the message panel there was an another message said Osmos demo version has expired. When the message pops up, I can't do anything about it, sometimes some mouse clicking can make it disappear but if the message pops up and doesn't disappear, I am force to end the application using the task manager since my mouse pointer disappear and my keyboard doesn't work other than ctrl-alt-del. I have deleted the osmos demo and re-download the the full version osmos and still didn't fix the problem. Can someone help me here?

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”