Osmos Support

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Meal Worms

Re: Osmos Support

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:58 am

Turns out the problem for AgrahamLincoln was that OpenAL was not installed correctly.

OpenAL is installed as part of the Osmos installation process, which on Steam happens the first time the app is launched from the Steam client. The install must not have completed successfully during this first run.

Dave

efin

Postby efin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:12 am

So I've finally had a chance to play this on my home system, and there are no achievements at all. I even tried it out and passed the tutorial section to see if I'd get one, but I did not. This is what it looks like:

This is only in Osmos - all other GfWL games have no issues. I'm running Windows 7 x64, if that makes a difference here. I have also tried running as administrator as well as in various compatibility modes.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am

Hi efin,

I've never heard of this problem before, but it looks like a LIVE initialisation or connectivity issue. Can you verify that you're connected to the internet/LIVE and also signed in to a LIVE-enabled profile? Have you tried looking through Microsoft's support forums or otherwise contacted them regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Dave

efin

Postby efin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah, that was the first place I went. It does appear to be that kind of issue, but it only happens in Osmos. Sigh. I don't even know why I bother with GfWL anymore. Nevermind, I guess.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:13 am

Sorry to hear that efin. I've raised the issue internally with our contacts at MS who hopefully can shed some light on this issue.

In the mean time: can you try uninstalling GFWL, then download and install the latest version of LIVE from this location?

Thanks efin,
Dave

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi efin,

We're still dealing with Microsoft support to try to get some answers on this. What's your gamertag? It may help them troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Eddy

efin

Postby efin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Cagmin is my gamertag.

Thanks for helping! I tried posting on the GfWL tech support forum and got no response. I know I've never encountered anything like it before, it just stinks since they made you guys (and the other new ones) not allow offline achievements. It seriously took this long (1.5 months since my last post) before I was able to sit down and play this single player game online, so it was pretty frustrating to run into this snag. I know they're just silly achievements, but as a father of two little ones those are usually all I have time for - added to the fact that I play these games on my laptop away from home. I really wish they'd reconsider the need to be online, as they specifically created offline achievements for a reason.

Anyway, sorry for going on about it, and thanks for your help. :)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks efin! We'll let you know if/when we get any further on this issue with the GFWL team.

Cheers,
Eddy

sherry

Postby sherry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 am

I just bought Osmos full version from Hemisphere Games, the demo ran fine, but now the full version just has sound and no picture. I have a Mac OX, Please help

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Sherry,
Try pressing Command+F (that loopy flowery Apple symbol plus the F key) at the same time on your keyboard. This toggles Osmos between running in a window and running fullscreen. Is it in fullscreen mode or windowed mode or both that you can't see anything? Does the Demo version still run ok, or has it too stopped showing images?
Could you please post the contents of the Osmos.log file found in home/Library/Application Support/Osmos to the message board?

Thanks,

Aaron (the Mac guy)

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”