Osmos Support

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Meal Worms

Re: Osmos Support

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

FYI: following up with Sherry offline, it turns out that Aaron's advice solved her issue.

Dave

rxylab

Postby rxylab » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:51 am

I'm having problems with my Dell Inspiron 1545. It's 2.0ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ram but it's only got a built in intel graphics card. I didn't think that Osmos would need a powerful graphics card. Should it run with this spec?

Battlesnake

Postby Battlesnake » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 am

rxylab wrote:I'm having problems with my Dell Inspiron 1545. It's 2.0ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ram but it's only got a built in intel graphics card. I didn't think that Osmos would need a powerful graphics card. Should it run with this spec?

I'd imagine it would need a more powerful graphics device, although I really have no idea how Osmos' graphics are actually produced. Intel's graphics chipsets have been very poor in my past experience.

dsa

Postby dsa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:14 am

Hi, i've bought Osmos through hemispheregames.com, and the game is running fine =) ...but i have a doubt, about the achievements what do i need to do to get them to my Live profile.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:34 am

Hi dsa,

If you're referring to GFWL, you need to purchase Osmos from Microsoft to have it Live "enabled." We don't have permission to distribute that version (and it wouldn't be connected with your profile anyways.) If GWFL is important to you, send us an email at wembaster@youknowwhere and we'll try to help you out.

Thanks,
Eddy

dsa

Postby dsa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:11 am

eddybox wrote:Hi dsa,

If you're referring to GFWL, you need to purchase Osmos from Microsoft to have it Live "enabled." We don't have permission to distribute that version (and it wouldn't be connected with your profile anyways.) If GWFL is important to you, send us an email at wembaster@youknowwhere and we'll try to help you out.

Thanks,
Eddy

eddybox thank you for fast reply. ^^
Yeah it is kind of important, as i like Osmos, and was looking to get some extra points on my profile =P, so i got it this way without knowing that. What should i say in the e-mail, what can be done ?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 am

Just quote this thread in your email. Or you can send me a message via the forum mail if you prefer.

Holy-Fire

Postby Holy-Fire » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:51 am

This being my first post, I'll begin by saying that I think Osmos is a spectacular game. I am looking forward to multiplayer (hoping it's still on the table), as well as more games like it.

Anyway, I'm occasionally having extreme slowdowns in S4O. When this happens the frame rate drops to less than 1 fps and the feraxes aren't displayed. This only happens once in a while, and quitting to the main menu solves it.

I have Windows XP SP3, C2D E8600, and 8800GT with latest drivers.

captfrigate

Postby captfrigate » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

I recently purchased Osmos on steam as part of the Humble Indie Bundle and I have been having slowdown issues. I understand that this can often be fixed by switching to D3D, but as the config files are not immediately accessible with steam, is there some way to change the settings so that I can play the game without huge slowdown?

EDIT: I downloaded the non-steam version of the game, and I don't see and .cfg file called "Config" and there are no other .cfg files that have the d3d option.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:15 am

@captfrigate: Have you tried turning down the quality settings in the 'Visual Options' menu?

@Holy-Fire: Which level are you playing exactly? I noticed you said 'feraxes' -- are you in one of the upper Sentient stages? If so, those Feraxes suck up alot of brain power, and if you've got a slower card their particle effects may slow things down. When you experience the slowdown, try visiting the 'Visual Options' menu and reduce the quality settings -- does the slowdown still occur?

Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”