Awesome game!

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Renboy

Awesome game!

Postby Renboy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:39 am

I just got it from Steam, and it was money well spent!
I enjoy the ambiance and controls - and the game turned out to be much more strategic then I initially thought.
The interface is fluid and everything flows smoothly (pun intended).
It's also very easy to understand what is going on in a glance - and that's quite a feat when considering large playing areas and tons of objects roaming around, each with it's own properties and behavior patterns.

I would love to see a future option to download or import new levels into the game - this would truly lengthen and enrich the experience, and make me return to the game often.

Also, if the game is not random (I mean, sure it's random generated, but if it behaves exactly the same given a specific seed) - it might be cool to keep scores (time it took you to win a specific level), and let you beat your own scores - or if you feel brave, add an online leaderboard.

Grats on this creation!

(I am also an indy game developer, but I won't litter your board with references to my games ;))
Last edited by Renboy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmn

Re: Awesome game!

Postby bmn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 am

He said he's looking into a level editor

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks for the glowing feedback Renboy -- really glad to hear you've been enjoying the game :D

A level editor, Importing levels, and scoring/stats/leaderboards... we've thought about 'em all in great length, but given coding manpower available (ie two dudes), we just didn't have the time to get everything sufficiently polished for this release. But who knows what the future will hold... ;)

Dave

Catinthewall

Postby Catinthewall » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm glad to hear Osmos is nowhere near finished, I can't wait to see the future of this game. New motes, new levels, (challenge level of the week? :D) And any other surprises you plan to bring our way.
Renboy, at least add your site to your profile? I'm curious.

Renboy

Postby Renboy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:12 am

It's good to hear!
I think this game has a lot of untapped potential, and it would be a shame to let it drift away as it is now.

I have linked my own website to my profile, if you wish to check it out, my latest game feature an online leaderboard and that feature alone made it 'survive' over 10 months now, and people still update it daily and compete on records - so having Osmos do the same would definitely mean much more replayability and of course, fun ;)

RICHO

Postby RICHO » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 am

Hi guys! The game is great, i was waiting for the realease since i tried the demo same moths ago... great and simple concept, awesome for a videogame.

And I definitly want more sentinel zones! I love hunt that bastards :lol: A dlc would be great...

Regards!!

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”