iPhone or XBLA?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
kosikutioner

iPhone or XBLA?

Postby kosikutioner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:24 pm

I know this is a very recent release, but I HAD to buy right after I tried the demo, read a recommendation by David Ellis on twitter. Anyways, I think a simple yet awesome game like this would be GREAT on my phone, and this would be a really great indie game on XBLA. I dunno if either will be feasible from the money you make on this release, but if you can, I think you could see some big business with a well polished game like this. Plus, at the very least I would support it :D

Meal Worms

Re: iPhone or XBLA?

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 pm

haha thanks for your support kosikutioner! Yeah, now that Osmos has released and is breaking out into the world, we're definitely looking forward to see what the future of Osmos will look like for other platforms. Stay tuned... ;)

Happy Osmoting,
Dave

RICHO

Postby RICHO » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 am

And the new psp and his dlc games platform? It looks like great for a game like this.

Regards!

Jazz Ad

Postby Jazz Ad » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I was thinking yesterday that this game would be a perfect fit for the DS. Pushing your little ball with the pen would be fun.

AstroBoy

Postby AstroBoy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Any idea if a Mac version will be available soon?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:37 am

Hi AstroBoy,

Thanks for your question. The answer, from the Osmos FAQ:

Q: When will Osmos be available on other platforms (Mac, Linux, others…)?
A: When it’s done! But seriously though — we’re a two-man shop and there’s lots of work do to. Now that we’ve shipped Osmos on the first platform (PC), you can be certain that we’re looking forward and thinking about the future of Osmos on other platforms. It’ll be a few months before Osmos appears again in another form. Rest assured, though, that it will happen.

Note also that the PC version of Osmos is playable on Mac. Again, from the FAQ:
Q: Does Osmos run well on Windows emulators on Mac or Linux? (While we’re waiting for the “native” versions…)
A: It does! Some fine folk have reported back to us that it works well via Crossover and Parallels on Mac, and via Wine and VirtualBox on Linux. If it Osmos doesn’t work for you right away, it’s likely that you need to install the Microsoft Visual Studio (C++) 2005 Redistributable Runtime on whatever platform you’re using. Note that Osmos does not seem to be playable on a Mac with VMware Fusion because VMware has no OpenGL support.

Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”