Possible TINY addition to the game?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Nate4s

Possible TINY addition to the game?

Postby Nate4s » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:11 pm

The one thing I would really enjoy is a small unit number inside the organisms saying exactly how large they are. I often find myself really timing things close...and I often think I can overtake VERY similarly sized orbs due to a thin blue line on their outside...but that is not the case. I would really enjoy being able to turn that option on just like you can turn on the orbit lines. Would anyone else enjoy this as much as I would?

jeffplum

Re: Possible TINY addition to the game?

Postby jeffplum » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 pm

No, I think that the longer you play it the more you get a feel for when you can and can't take over another mote. I think numbers would spoil it. But, I suppose if it's easy to code, it could be an extra option for those who wish to have numerical proof of their motehood. (new word)

d4rk1982

Postby d4rk1982 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:25 pm

You can absorb other motes as long as they have a thicker blue line on their outside - as soon as they are bigger than you, this line goes to a thicker red one. Just try to observe that one specifically, it's not that hard with a little bit of experience. But I agree with jeffplum; if it's easy to integrate into the game as an option, why not. Altough I wouldn't use it, i think it's fine the way it is.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Interesting suggestion, but we're intentionally trying to steer away from numbers, HUD elements, etc that would detract from the ambiance of the game. As jeffplum mentioned, with experience, you acquire the ability to eye-ball what's worth eating and what's not, with an amount of accuracy that's almost spooky.

Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”