Where is my progress stored?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
blueskirt

Where is my progress stored?

Postby blueskirt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:57 pm

I've completed all but 3 of the Force levels and I'll have to format my computer soon, anyone can tell me where Osmos save my progress so I won't have to replay all those levels again? I'm using the Steam version of Osmos.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Where is my progress stored?

Postby eddybox » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey blueskirt,

It's (mostly) in My Documents\Osmos\Osmos.sta. The best thing to do is just copy the whole My Documents\Osmos\ folder over, minus the .log file.

Cheers,
Eddy

blueskirt

Postby blueskirt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 am

Thanks!

mclaren777

Postby mclaren777 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm

I recently had to re-install Osmos (which I got from the Humble Indie Bundle) and I can't figure out how to restore my save game. Am I supposed to copy Osmos.sta into the Osmos directory? Because I already tried that and it doesn't show any progress.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi mclaren777,

You shouldn't have to do anything if you're re-installing to the same machine / OS. In any case, all your progress is stored in the file "My Documents\Osmos\Osmos.sta" (not in D:\program files\Osmos.) Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Eddy

mclaren777

Postby mclaren777 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 am

Brief sit-rep:

My SSD primary drive recently died but Osmos was installed on my physical HDD (D:) which didn't suffer any loss.
I just installed the replacement SSD and for obvious reasons the old My Documents folder was lost.

I only have the Data>Osmos folder that you see in the screengrab so I'm SOL, right?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:03 am

Hi mclaren777,

If you've lost your My Documents folder (and thus your Osmos.sta file containing your old progress) then I'm afraid that... yup, as you say, you're SOL. =P

Eddy

mclaren777

Postby mclaren777 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 am

So what is the point of the Data > Osmos folder in that screenshot? Is it possible that something in there could help me?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:25 am

Hi mclaren777,

If by 'Data > Osmos' you're referring to the explorer window in the screenshot that's pointing to Computer -> D: -> Osmos: I'm not sure what is, but it looks like a cached copy of what would typically live in the 'MyDocuments/Osmos' folder. For example, I see an Osmos.sta in there.

So, you should be able to install Osmos on your new drive, run it once to have it auto-create the MyDocuments/Osmos mojo on your new drive, then move that .sta over.

Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”