danteusz

Re: Mac Support

Postby danteusz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 am

Didn't helped. Guess I have to hit Valve for help

matt511

Postby matt511 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 am

Hi,

I've just installed on Macbook running Lion.
Cant get the time controls to work?

Selecting the command key as instructed then right clicking plus the other time control options but nothing, any ideas?
I've tried to find the file with the prefs in but cant. Its not in the location that you mentioned elsewhere in the Faq's

To be honest having to go digging around in a pref file to change the key bindings is a bit 1980's anyway, game is about relaxing no?

Thanks

M

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 am

Hi Matt,

Hmmm... what level are you trying the time controls on? They aren't introduced until the F1 levels (so they don't work in the first tutorial and ambient A1 levels). Perhaps that's what you're experiencing?

As for preferences file, where did you buy the game from? Mac App Store, our website, Steam...?

Thanks,
Eddy

belton

Postby belton » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi,

I downloaded Osmos through the App store on my macbook, but I can't get it to open :/ It keeps 'closing unexpectedly' before I can even do anything..
I don't know which OS I have though.. But I've never had a problem like this on any other game..

Thanks,
Bec.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Bec,

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. We've seen a few mentions of a startup crash in App Store reviews, but have no way of getting in touch with those people, nor have we been able to reproduce the problem on our machines. It'd be a big help if you could send your Osmos log to webmaster [at] hemispheregames.com and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this. =)

Apple has made It a bit tricky to get at the log now though:
- First, navigate to the "Library" folder in Finder using these instructions: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/l ... folde.html
- From there, navigate to ./Containers/com.hemispheregames.osmosOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Osmos/
- You'll see a file called Osmos.log. Copy it to your Desktop, or somewhere convenient.
- Mail that puppy over as an attachment.

Many thanks!
Eddy

conjre

Postby conjre » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Whom do we mail with log files? My Osmos also crashes when trying to open it. I just purchased it from the hemispheregames.com website (the DRM-free) version and it crashed unexpectedly. (OSX version 10.7.5)

gustii

Postby gustii » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:10 am

Hey,

I just bought the game from your website, hemispheregames.com. And it crashes as soon as I open it, the same problem as many others have here.
But I can't find the Osmos Log, cause there's no com.hemispheregames.osmosOSX folder in my Containers folder.

what to doooo, I really want to play this game! (I have OSX version 1.7.5)

conjre

Postby conjre » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 am

When it crashes the little Mac window pops up. If you click Report... and Show Details then copy and paste that info into a text editor.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 am

Hi conjre and gustii,

Sorry about the troubles. This is the first we hear about crashes on the hemispheregames.com (DRM-free) version. Bizarre, but good to know. We'll try to get to the bottom of this.

Please email the log (or as conjre mentioned, the contents of the popup report) to webmaster [at] hemispheregames.com.

Thanks,
Eddy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey everyone,

We've followed up with a few of you (thanks for your help!) and it looks like there are two different crash-on-start scenarios in the most recent versions (1.7.0 and 1.7.1) of Osmos.

I've just updated our FAQ with the details here: http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-pcos ... startcrash

One way or another we'll get you up and running. Thanks, and sorry about the inconvenience!

Eddy

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”