Games for Windows Live - Steam compatibility?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
chwynn

Games for Windows Live - Steam compatibility?

Postby chwynn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi everyone.

This is just a quick question to the devs, but I thought that some other people may also want to know the answer, so i'm posting it here.

We all know now that Osmos will shortly be released on Games for Windows Live (GFWL) soon, but I absolutely cannot stand buying anything from that awful, awful service, so my question is this:
Will I be able to activate the steam version with GFWL? I have completely finished the game in terms of steam achievements, and I would love the opportunity to finish it again and get all of the GFWL achievements too. While I am not adversed to paying for this game a second time, it seems such a shame for a percentage of my payment to go to such a terrible service as GFWL.

So, will it be possible to load the GFWL browser from within the Osmos version?

Thanks,

Andy (Chwynn)

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Games for Windows Live - Steam compatibility?

Postby eddybox » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Andy,

It will be possible to load the GFWL browser from within Osmos (we've fully integrated the service) -- but this is only available in the GFWL version. Neither Steam nor Microsoft would want us including this in the Steam version. ;-) That said, the game is on sale for only $5 on Live at the moment. :)

btw, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but the GFWL version also includes multitouch support under Win7. This will make its way into other versions down the line, but for now this is a GFWL exclusive.

Cheers,
Eddy

chwynn

Re: Games for Windows Live - Steam compatibility?

Postby chwynn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:56 am

Awww, damn. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”