Update 1.6.0, Hemisphere PC Version

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
eddybox
Site Admin

Update 1.6.0, Hemisphere PC Version

Postby eddybox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey all,

A new PC version of Osmos is now available for the people who purchased from Hemisphere: build 1.6.0.1196.
Improvements include new translations (French, German, Spanish and Italian), difficulty tweaks, sound fixes, and more.
For details, check out our new "Osmos Update" page here: http://www.hemispheregames.com/osmos_update.html

Thanks,
Eddy

ps. Happy New Year! :)

disapter

Re: Update 1.6.0, Hemisphere PC Version

Postby disapter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:52 pm

FIRST: HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

About the Update: WOW! Great!

Even though it seems my Steam Version is still the old one. When will we Steam users get this update? Especially cause i have sound problems and really looking forward that this update probably will fix my issues.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi disapter,

We're planning on rolling the update out to Steam next week. :)

Cheers,
Eddy

disapter

Postby disapter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks great. Really happy to hear it :)

bayartt

Postby bayartt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 pm

I downloaded the latest 1.6.0 version but unfortunately, it won't work on my PC running under winXP (french)
I tried to translate the error message :
This application couldn't start because the configuration of the application is incorrect. Reinstalling the application could solve the problem

Xandrex

Postby Xandrex » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 pm

hello,

my PC is running Windows 2000 (don't laugh). I was able to play fully the demo and I liked it so I bought the game. The installation ran smoothly.

when I launch the game I get an error message. A translation from french to english would give something like :
entry point for procedure WTSRegisterSessionNotification cannot be found in dynamic link library WTSAPI32.dll .

I installed over the application, but the same error message appears. Can someone tell me what I can do ?

Many thanks.

xandrex

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 pm

@bayartt, @Xandrex: Please try downloading and installing 1.6.0 again. I updated the Microsoft .dll files we include in the installer. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Eddy

Xandrex

Postby Xandrex » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Xandrex wrote:hello,

my PC is running Windows 2000 (don't laugh). I was able to play fully the demo and I liked it so I bought the game. The installation ran smoothly.

when I launch the game I get an error message. A translation from french to english would give something like :
entry point for procedure WTSRegisterSessionNotification cannot be found in dynamic link library WTSAPI32.dll .

I installed over the application, but the same error message appears. Can someone tell me what I can do ?

Many thanks.

xandrex

Hi Eddiebox

a few minutes ago I opened the email and clicked on the link again, and downloaded the installer again. Then I did the installation, it worked as previously.
On opening the application I have the exact same error message.
when I go to the folder, and I look at the file date modification, the latest was edited on Jan 3rd 7PM GMT : it's the VC90 manifest.

am I downloading the correct install file ?

Sorry to bother you so early in this new year :)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:45 am

Hi Xandrex,

You're running the latest version, thanks.

Looks like you're experiencing a different problem actually. We added some functionality for GFWL which is causing problems on Windows 2000. The problem is described here:
http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223433

Please mail me at webmaster@<this domain>.com. I'd like to send you a new exectuable to test that will hopefully solve the problem.

Thanks,
Eddy

bayartt

Postby bayartt » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 pm

eddybox wrote:@bayartt, @Xandrex: Please try downloading and installing 1.6.0 again. I updated the Microsoft .dll files we include in the installer. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Hi, it works, thank you !!

best wishes for the new year
and thank you for this great game

ps : maybe in a near future, threading issue will be solved, I still have to set affinity to main core only

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”