Crash on Vista 32-bit

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
timcd

Crash on Vista 32-bit

Postby timcd » Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 pm

I just bought the game today via Steam. Looks beautiful, but crashes catastrophically occasionally. Just had maybe 1 hour of play so far, and 4 times it has crashed the machine totally just like somebody hit the power switch and then reboots. The machine has been quite stable and we have had no bugs or issues at all with other games or s/w that we are running. What other info do I need to give you to help pin this down. I can't get at the machine right now to get the full specs, but it is a newish (9 months old?) AMD 2.8GHz or thereabouts with 2GB RAM and an Nvidia graphics card. Will post more details tomorrow, so if you want any other specific info let me know soonish...

Tim

Meal Worms

Re: Crash on Vista 32-bit

Postby Meal Worms » Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 am

Hi Tim,

This is odd. My main Osmos development machine was Vista 32bit, and I never experienced this.

The next time the crash occurs, can you please post the contents of Osmos.log corresponding to the latest run this thread?

Can you also try some of the suggestions in the Osmos FAQ, to do things like e.g. run with D3D vs openGL, run with nosound, etc, to see if any of these isolate the problem?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”